• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Forget it. We can't even land a 34 year old salary dump.

We got Carr, Little Swiss, and project Zack to look forward to. Man we're fuggin pathetic at finding a GM with some real balls.
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO A BIG SUMMER FOR MB TO MAKE IT HAPPEN INSTEAD WE HAVE ANOTHER WASTED PLAYOFFS AHEAD OF US.
Might as well tank for Austin no?

BrianWilde
An excellent deal for the Stars in acquiring Sharp. As in excellent for the Habs that he wasn't acquired here.

Maybe the Stars sign Franson... They can even get Oduya because the Hawks are still in cap hell. That's the part of the trade I don't get. perhaps it'll make sense after a few more upcoming moves.

Maybe they do, but they're not really upgrading their defense. It's like if we traded Gilbert away only to sign someone like, say, Michal Roszival. We traded a mediocre player to replace him with another mediocre player, arguably a downgrade. Maybe Stephen Johns can step in to their D, but he's unproven and I'm not sure if he's a real top-4 d-man.

But yeah, confusing trade for both teams.

We got Carr, Little Swiss, and project Zack to look forward to. Man we're fuggin pathetic at finding a GM with some real balls.
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO A BIG SUMMER FOR MB TO MAKE IT HAPPEN INSTEAD WE HAVE ANOTHER WASTED PLAYOFFS AHEAD OF US.

When you look at the free agents available this off season I'm more than pleased that MB decided to stand pat.

No point in signing junk or overpaying for other teams scrap.

I don't get the deal for either team.

Dallas is stacked with forwards already, in need of d-men, so they trade one - an overrated d-man with terrible possession stats & an abnormally high shooting % on one of the best offensive teams in the league that's bound to drop this season, granted - and get more forwards. Stephen Johns is a nice prospect, but meh.

And Chicago gets two overpaid, mediocre players. And here I thought they were trying to get rid of some.

I don't get it for either of these teams.

Makes no sense for Dallas at all , Chicago gets 2 decent assets and a much needed d man with their losses on the backend. Considering they had no choice to move Sharp they did well.

Need to break 31's legs and find a way to extend Max's injury by 3 months to be in the Austin derby.

But totally agreed our GM gets an F grade this summer .

the equivalent would have been Beaulieu and Kassian for Sharp. Would people be ok with paying that price?

the equivalent would have been Beaulieu and Kassian for Sharp. Would people be ok with paying that price?

Why would Nate have to be part of the deal? Chicago needed a serviceable d man . Many here said Daly is shit , so why wouldn't they take Gilbert who expires sooner and is shit as well.

I don't put Johns anywhere near Nates caliber. We could of added a second rounder or Kassian or JT to make it work .
He should of been ours unless Sharp indicated I am not going to Montreal.

How come Jim Nill can acquire top six forwards like there's no tomorrow?
Could also be the rumored player who refused to "waive" to come to Mtl at the draft was....Sharp, just sayin...

Nill is no dummy, he kindly refused to be interviewed for the Habs GM gig, have yet to see any NHL player "refuse to waive" to go to Dallas.

Could also be the rumored player who refused to "waive" to come to Mtl at the draft was....Sharp, just sayin...

Nill is no dummy, he kindly refused to be interviewed for the Habs GM gig, have yet to see any NHL player "refuse to waive" to go to Dallas.

Not that you know this, but you keep repeating it.

Sure seems to be a lot of this going on...

:willy_nilly:

Relax people.

He must play a mean XBOX.
Spezza
Seguin
Sharp
in 2 years
This guy deserves GM of the year for life

Yeah, Nill is so good that his team will once again, miss the playoff despite having the best offensive player in the league last year. He has no freaking defense and instead of improving it, he makes it worst. Wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them miss the play off again.

Dallas made the playoff once in the last 5 years. Clearly a role model organization.

As opposed to you, who knows nothing, and just posts twitter feeds?

well played -- a dual red light and sam adams award winner.

Sal is just stating the obvious --Quebec taxes are not everyone's cup of tea. Some fans can't accept that.

well played -- a dual red light and sam adams award winner.

Sal is just stating the obvious --Quebec taxes are not everyone's cup of tea. Some fans can't accept that.

Point is Sal doesn't know if that is the reason behind Sharps decision. But he keeps repeating it.

Point is Sal doesn't know if that is the reason behind Sharps decision. But he keeps repeating it.

he offered it as a possibility for us to discuss

the hacks you retweet are guilty of much worse, since they get actually paid to inform but just repeat their bs over and over.

Back