• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I wanted Babpenis to replace Therrien but only because Babs has shown an ability to get teams that are close "over the hump". But the Leafs aren't close and they're not going to get close any time soon. So either Babpenis was lying about wanting to win or he knows he isn't going to be around for the full 8 years and is just taking the money while he can get it.

I assume this is why the contract is front-loaded; He knows he isn't going to last 8 years in Toronto and MLSE knows that once the big money has been paid out in the first half of his contract he becomes easier to fire from a financial point of view.
Why this silly nickname??

They're trying to change the culture over there

Yes, they will win more games and likely not get a top three pick in the coming years like they need to rebuild but Babcock will fix whats been ailing that dressing room for a few years now

Sabres front office is ''livid'', feel ''played''

LOL

Oh man. I have zero ****ing sympathy for the people running that organization and I wish them nothing but failure and heartache. They might be competent hockey people, but they are scum.

Tim Murray comes off as nothing more than a scumbag with a the maturity of a child and the attitude of a loser. He goes out of his way to make the Sabres tank on purpose for McDavid and then he fired Ted Nolan under the pretext that he didn't win enough games. What a slimy coçksucker. Murray fired him because Ted Nolan went out of his way to try winning games and Nolan won too many. The ****ing gall of Ted Nolan.

And then when they didn't get McDavid, he said he was disappointed for the fans, like he didn't know he had a 25% chance of winning the lottery and that Jack Eichel isn't an exceptional consolation prize.

Then he puts all his eggs in one basket with hopes of getting Mike Babcock only to be told no, they're "livid"? They feel "played"? Mother****er, please.

How hilarious would it be if Toronto managed to pry Jeff Blashill away from DET to be Babcocks assistant :lol

How hilarious would it be if Toronto managed to pry Jeff Blashill away from DET to be Babcocks assistant :lol

Why would Blashill go to Toronto and continue to work in Babcock's shadow when he's the likely candidate to succeed him in Detroit? I'm quite sure he'd rather be the head coach of a decent team with a long track record of good drafting and development than to be a disposable assistant coach for one of the worst-run franchises in all of pro sports.

Why would Blashill go to Toronto and continue to work in Babcock's shadow when he's the likely candidate to succeed him in Detroit? I'm quite sure he'd rather be the head coach of a decent team with a long track record of good drafting and development than to be a disposable assistant coach for one of the worst-run franchises in all of pro sports.

Money?

The Leafs aren't going to pay him more money to be an assistant than what Detroit will pay him to be head coach. But even so, Blashill knows that he'll never be seen as a serious candidate for a head coaching position if all he ever does is follow Babcock around like a lap dog. The Leafs can only offer him money. Detroit can offer him the job he actually wants. So unless some other team is willing to make him an offer to be their head coach, Blashill isn't going anywhere.

In any case, no other team besides Detroit can even talk to Blashill right now because his AHL team is still playing.

Do you really think someone will accept assistant coach job over head coach for money? Specially when is your first head coach job in NHL?!?!

It was actually a joke. That is why I started the sentence with "How hilarious would it be..."

But I do think that "someone" would take an assistant job if the price was right. It is just more unlikely in this specific case because he has never been a head coach and he is not a FA.

It was actually a joke. That is why I started the sentence with "How hilarious would it be..."

But I do think that "someone" would take an assistant job if the price was right. It is just more unlikely in this specific case because he has never been a head coach and he is not a FA.

Well only time i saw a guy was comfortable in his assistant role(GM) was case of Jim Nill, but then again he finally ended up to become GM.

Oh, and I see the Hens signed Turdburglar for 3 years.

lol

Not big money, but still a stupid deal.

A very, very bad team hired a very, very good coach. I don't get anyone spinning this into a negative. It's a nice start.

Back