• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

The only thing that matters to the Blackhawks is how long they'll have to be without Kane. They won't be trading him because elite players of his calibre don't grow on trees. When you're that good you can get away with being a scumbag. In pro sports talent trumps everything else. If Kane were a fourth line plumber the Hawks would have already cut ties with him because scrubs like that are a dime a dozen. It's the same reason why Adrien Peterson is still a Viking and why Ben Roethlisberger is still with the Steelers.

Why would you leave a bar to go at Patty Kane's at 4:00 am if it is not to have sex ?

To keep drinking until 6 and sleep on the couch ?

I don't know. I wasn't there and I have no idea what happened. But nobody should ever expect to be raped. And I don't care what you expect because of the time of night... if a woman says no, it means no.

I don't know. I wasn't there and I have no idea what happened. But nobody should ever expect to be raped. And I don't care what you expect because of the time of night... if a woman says no, it means no.

If she says no, fine, but the problem that arises in a number of cases is that the guy doesn't ask, is it ok if I slide it in, by her actions (touching him, kissing him etc, he believes he can) but in her mind she isn't saying yes, or the issue can also arise that she says yes, but means no because she was afraid, he was her boss, etc

It is not as cut and dry as some make out. I know it is politically incorrect to say that but so be it. Now the second a man says anything to a woman that offends her, and if other guys do not jump to her defence, the second guy is a supporter of rape culture etc When being rude and yelling FHRITP is now considered assault and supporting rape culture, the pendulum has swung too far.

Until we know what Kane did and either he admits it, or is found guilty after a trial, how can anyone really say he should not be allowed to play or should be traded?

The only thing that matters to the Blackhawks is how long they'll have to be without Kane. They won't be trading him because elite players of his calibre don't grow on trees. When you're that good you can get away with being a scumbag. In pro sports talent trumps everything else. If Kane were a fourth line plumber the Hawks would have already cut ties with him because scrubs like that are a dime a dozen. It's the same reason why Adrien Peterson is still a Viking and why Ben Roethlisberger is still with the Steelers.

Jimmy Johnson agrees. He cut a guy on the Cowboys for falling asleep at a team meeting. When asked what he would do if Irvin, Smith or Aikman did that, he said without hesitation, "wake them up"

I agree with you 100%.

I wrote she should expect being "raped" with " " so that readers would not take the literal meaning.
In a polite way, she should have been expecting sexual intercourse.

To be clear, if she told him at the bar that she wanted to go to his house to ride him like a rodeo, if she changed her mind right before the act, he had to respect her saying no.

It is like offering tea to someone.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8[/video]

does the league have the ability to suspend him like the NFL does for conduct off the field issues.

Of course they do. Look at Varlamov and Voynov.

I still have a problem with the Voynov suspension which occurred before he was found guilty. Seems to me the NHL should only suspend after the court deals with the matter. The Kings were nailed salary cap wise despite there not being guilt.

Then again, Bettman made up for it by allowing them out of the Richards cap hit on spurious grounds.

What if he settles out of court?

civil or criminal? Cannot pay civil damages in return for criminal going away, that is unethical and against most law society rules for any lawyer to be involved although I don't doubt it does occur.

All true but you also need to use your brain which this girl clearly didn't. Doesn't justify a rape but you need to think,

How did she not "use her brain?" What did she do?

Going to Kane's house at 4:00 a.m. from a bar is not "using your brain" IMO, and if you have a daughter you may want to explain these things to her when she's old enough.

Do we even know she went to his place at 4am? Who reported that? Was she alone? Maybe it was a party with some friends?

Back