• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Twitter just introduced me to this great clip:

[video=youtube;FVNdPmWULgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNdPmWULgw[/video]

Aaron Ward ‏Bruins Zdeno Chara suspected left knee ligament injury.Expected out 4-6 weeks at which time they'll evaluate need for surgery or not. #TSN

The sound you're hearing is the sound of the Bruins falling down the standings. Especially if he ends up needing surgery.

Twitter just introduced me to this great clip:

[video=youtube;FVNdPmWULgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNdPmWULgw[/video]

Glenn Healy :facepalm

How does this guy has a job, or is even still alive is beyond me.

The sound you're hearing is the sound of the Bruins falling down the standings. Especially if he ends up needing surgery.

See that Clarence, every time a Bruin goes on LTIR, an angel gets its wings.

[video=youtube;VsGbYlv0KoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGbYlv0KoU[/video]

Someone send that moron this video

He does show up in the playoffs, the same cannot always be said for 87

Stamkos is not a leader.

You do know that Toews wasn't even top 10 in playoff scoring the year they won their last cup...and media we're saying Hawks are winning "despite" their captain being MIA. Never let facts get in the way of a lawyer argument

Because just like your boy Kopitar, he's a dominant 200 foot 5 on 5 player. He's a much, much better hockey player than Backstrom.

Also,

Toews

445 points in 489 games, 0.91PPG

Kopitar

548 points in 610 games, 0.89PPG

Backstrom

500 points in 501 games, 1PPG

Backstrom, if anything, is marginally better offensively while Toews/Kopitar are in a whole other galaxy in their all around game.

Wow....I said Toews is overated and I don't get why some would take him over Crosby/Stamkos. WTF do Kopitar/Backstrom have to do with all this...no one is claiming they are better than Crosby\Stamkos

Maybe he should stick to Italian then, Portuguese doesn't seem to agree with him.

Wow....I said Toews is overated and I don't get why some would take him over Crosby/Stamkos. WTF do Kopitar/Backstrom have to do with all this...no one is claiming they are better than Crosby\Stamkos

Because the quoted post was about Backstrom reaching 500 points, with Toews being used as a comparison.

And my whole point is that points != better player.

I would take Toews over any player in the NHL not named Crosby because he's a dominant 5 on 5 player. Yeah, Stamkos has prettier stats and is the best goal scorer on the planet, but he's a dud in his own end.

It's not a coincidence that two best teams in the league have the two best two-way centers in the league in Toews and Kopitar.

Because the quoted post was about Backstrom reaching 500 points, with Toews being used as a comparison.

And my whole point is that points != better player.

I would take Toews over any player in the NHL not named Crosby because he's a dominant 5 on 5 player. Yeah, Stamkos has prettier stats and is the best goal scorer on the planet, but he's a dud in his own end.

It's not a coincidence that two best teams in the league have the two best two-way centers in the league in Toews and Kopitar.

Fair enough if you put it that way :cheers2:

Back