• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I dunno... Seems like Carlyle is keeping Babcocks seat warm. TOR spoke to DET this offseason about trading for his rights, that fell apart and now the season has started without an extension for Babcock. seems like he will walk from DET to join Shanny and Toronto

I've been saying that for months now. I even believe Montreal was in his sights before the Habs playoff run got MT an extension... french-speaking rule or not.

I've been saying that for months now. I even believe Montreal was in his sights before the Habs playoff run got MT an extension... french-speaking rule or not.

did you not see the protest outside the bell the last time?

[video=youtube;OMynKQL-7XM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMynKQL-7XM[/video]

The Lightning have officially recalled Jonathan Drouin from his conditioning stint in the AHL.

Lasted all of two games.

Could happen but I think it's far from set in stone. Wings will do their best to keep Babcock.

Not saying he'll coach the Leafs, but if he was going to stay in Detroit, he would have signed Holland's offer right before the season started. He's put the team through a big distraction. There's a reason for it.

Not saying he'll coach the Leafs, but if he was going to stay in Detroit, he would have signed Holland's offer right before the season started. He's put the team through a big distraction. There's a reason for it.

Could be. Wonder if Babcock is holding out for more. I believe the two sides will discuss a deal. Maybe it doesn't get done, but I am sure there will be some conversation.

Also, swear I heard there was rumor of him taking a US college job.

Babcock is born in Ontario, likely grew up a Leafs fan, Shanny connection, no extension signed... The math is there. But yeah... until it happens, it hasn't happened.

doubt he joins the Leafs , if he wants a more legitimate run at a cup its not the place , if he wants more money he could get it anywhere with less BS along the way . Why leave a tremendous hierarchy like the Wings with top notch owners and a winning culture to join that cluster fk with 2 corporations who hate each running the show with that chaotic board .

Maybe he tired of coaching. Not all are Machiavellian like Burke who did that in Anaheim just to get the Leaf GM job.

Could be. Wonder if Babcock is holding out for more. I believe the two sides will discuss a deal. Maybe it doesn't get done, but I am sure there will be some conversation.

Also, swear I heard there was rumor of him taking a US college job.

that I can see , he takes over a great college program with complete control , good money and the keys to the city like Pitino or other established coaches have . Who knows maybe the Oilers as fked as they are come up with an offer he cant refuse since there is no way to go but up at some point .

Back