• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Price was the worst though.

Price was the only reason we even got to the Rangers. Ever since Price 'allegedly' stopped with the coke and banging Buona Notte and Globe waitresses, he's been way more focused.

Last edited:

Price was the only reason we even got to the Rangers. Ever since Price stopped with the coke and banging Buona Notte and Globe waitresses, he's been way more focused.

Price was good but to say he was the single reason is far fetched.

They played a very good all around series vs the Bruins.

This wasn't the Halak run of 2010 when we could say he was the reason we beat the caps

He only bailed out Markov and Emelin about 8-10 times because they take forever to transition, but ya, maybe he wasn't the only reason. But he played a big role helping out the slow russian pair many times.

Price was the only reason we even got to the Rangers. Ever since Price stopped with the coke and banging Buona Notte and Globe waitresses, he's been way more focused.

I am sure you have evidence of him using cocaine, after all you wouldn't want to be accused of libeling him.

ok I changed it to allegedly, isn't that how you lawyers phrase things to protect yourselves?

The Avalanche have signed Tyson Barrie to a two-year, $5.2 million deal... $2.6 million AAV.

Price was the only reason we even got to the Rangers. Ever since Price 'allegedly' stopped with the coke and banging Buona Notte and Globe waitresses, he's been way more focused.

the main reason we got there was our depth guys being our best players most nights Eller, Bourque, Weiss were beasts and if our top 6 minus BG were playing up to par we were in the finals

Vanek is hated because he was playing soft in the playoffs,

Not from me, he's not. I don't like him because much like Ovechkin, if he's not scoring, he's not doing much. And even when he does score time to time...

but he is going to still put up 65-70 points next year and continue to score tons of goals.

This is like the MacCarron thing all over again where I have to disprove this nonsense.

In ten full years, he has only scored 65 or more points three times. Got over 70 only once. Granted, he was on pace to score over 65 in two other seasons.

Yet still put up 10pts in 17 playoff games but played 'crappy'.

Are you trying to tell me he didn't play crappy? He was awful. Complete shit.

When we get booted again next year in the playoffs without winning it, we would have wished we signed a scorer in the offseason.

With what money? I would have loved a scorer, but we had no money.

Plus, even if we did, Vanek wasn't re-signing here.

6.5m for Vanek is a steal, especially for 3 years. We are going to have a low scoring team again next year, it's all on Price.

A steall??? That's about right for a floater like Vanek. If you want to see what a steal looks like, see Max Pacioretty.

This is like the MacCarron thing all over again where I have to disprove this nonsense.

In ten full years, he has only scored 65 or more points three times. Got over 70 only once. Granted, he was on pace to score over 65 in two other seasons.

It all depends on the threshold I guess. Excluding the lockout, he had only 2 seasons of less than 60 points, rookie season included. To say that he's a given for about 65 points per season is very accurate.

Forget Vanek. He was only signing in Minny. Probably would play for free there so don't look at the contract he got.

Have to laugh. The GR welcoming St Louis to Twitter.

Strombone ‏
Welcome @mstlouis_26 ! I miss us......

BwtMSu1CIAADmMb.jpg

In the myriad of players you were wrong about.

Back