• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Pittsburgh just lost in regulation to Dallas.

They're tied in points with Washington with one game in hand.

I hope Pittsburgh makes it and we can face them in the first round. Also, so that Jim Rutherford can get an extra year or two as the GM. What a complete joke he is.

Did anyone watch the St. Louis - Winnipeg game?

Intense.

As it stands, they'd be facing off in the first round. Honestly, that might be the best first round match up.

Yep. Great game, Jets fans are very knowledgeable hockey people. As I mentioned previously I love their D, big strong, mobile and are strong both ways...

Pittsburgh just lost in regulation to Dallas.

They're tied in points with Washington with one game in hand.

I hope Pittsburgh makes it and we can face them in the first round. Also, so that Jim Rutherford can get an extra year or two as the GM. What a complete joke he is.
But they have Malkin and Crosby, how come they don't win the Cup every year? Anybody would win the Cup with those two.

NHL Public Relations
Joe Thornton of the @SanJoseSharks became the 19th player in NHL history to reach 900 career assists (356-900--1,256)

Ottawa shouldn't scare us...we're our own worse enemy against that team.

If we play structured playoff hockey we should beat them.

Still feel Boston will pull through in the end
We just have to ensure we don't allow Karlsson to join the rush as he did twice last game. Put our fastest guy on him and shadow him. Dig up old tapes of how we owned Orr.

Mark Masters‏ Leafs sign Nikita Soshnikov to entry-level contract; 57 GP w Moscow Oblast Atlant (KHL) this season, 32 points (14 goals, 18 assists)

But they have Malkin and Crosby, how come they don't win the Cup every year? Anybody would win the Cup with those two.

In the last four seasons, from 2010-2011 to 2013-2014, you could argue Pittsburgh had teams good enough to win the 'Cup, but were let down by Fleury with the exception of 2012-2013 where they got Vokoun in net (because MAF was shitting the bed, again) and got to the Eastern Conference finals only to be manhandled by the Bruins.

Bylsma got the max out of that team, but MAF choked. And Rutherford re-signed him, lol.

In the last four seasons, from 2010-2011 to 2013-2014, you could argue Pittsburgh had teams good enough to win the 'Cup, but were let down by Fleury with the exception of 2012-2013 where they got Vokoun in net (because MAF was shitting the bed, again) and got to the Eastern Conference finals only to be manhandled by the Bruins.

Bylsma got the max out of that team, but MAF choked. And Rutherford re-signed him, lol.

It's a bit of a simplified view. While it's true that MAF shitting the bed was not helping, they had become a bit of a disorganized bunch, especially in their own end, and this is coming from a few of my friends that are Penguins fans.

Sure, defensively they weren't great, but it helps when you have a goalie that can make a save. Fleury had 3 teams that could have legitimately won the Cup fall in the first or second round. Outside of the year they lost to the Bruins, they were the better team every time but Fleury came up very small.

Sure, defensively they weren't great, but it helps when you have a goalie that can make a save. Fleury had 3 teams that could have legitimately won the Cup fall in the first or second round. Outside of the year they lost to the Bruins, they were the better team every time but Fleury came up very small.

Luongo by another name.

Nah, Luongo's troubles don't hold a candle to Fleury.

Fleury is the absolute king of melting under pressure. He's shown it at all levels.

Back