• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Well if you would have read the previous 2 posts you's have seen where I projected them to be.

I did but you just stated they would be higher than the two sick men of the NHL. That is hardly expecting a lot.

As for them being mid pack or 8-12 as you stated, nah. The seven Canadian based teams would be ahead of them. Then Flyers, Kings, Sharks, Bruins, Hawks, Wings, Rangers, Penguins and maybe St Louis and Washington.

15-20, possible but again that is not adding much to the NHL. At best maybe 18th, hardly worth bringing in a team at that level.

I did but you just stated they would be higher than the two sick men of the NHL. That is hardly expecting a lot.

As for them being mid pack or 8-12 as you stated, nah. The seven Canadian based teams would be ahead of them. Then Flyers, Kings, Sharks, Bruins, Hawks, Wings, Rangers, Penguins and maybe St Louis and Washington.

15-20, possible but again that is not adding much to the NHL. At best maybe 18th, hardly worth bringing in a team at that level.

Your comprehension skills are astounding for an educated person.

Your comprehension skills are astounding for an educated person.

I love how whenever what you write is used against you, you claim the person cannot understand what you wrote. Ever thought that maybe you do not write clearly?

This is what you wrote

"Yeah that's what I've been saying. I think people can make arguments about why it will or won't work, but anyone who definitively says it will work or won't work is fooling themselves.

If I had to bet on it I'd say Vegas will be somewhere in the middle of the league in terms of revenue. Like in that 15-20 range... but I can also see the potential for them to be in the 8-12 range. As long as the NHL doesn't do something stupid like not allow gambling on their games in Vegas. Like the NBA did with the Grizzlies and Raptors in BC and Ontario. Not sure if they allow it in Ontario now. "

You think they could be 8-12 in revenue or at worst 15-20. I just showed you that 8-12 is pretty well impossible and 15-20 is possible but likely no higher than 18th. Tell me again what I misunderstood from this post.

I love how whenever what you write is used against you, you claim the person cannot understand what you wrote. Ever thought that maybe you do not write clearly?

I was clear as day.

Yeah that's what I've been saying. I think people can make arguments about why it will or won't work, but anyone who definitively says it will work or won't work is fooling themselves.
1. I believe Vegas is impossible to really predict.

If I had to bet on it I'd say Vegas will be somewhere in the middle of the league in terms of revenue. Like in that 15-20 range...
2. My belief is that they'd be somewhere in the 15th-20th range.

but I can also see the potential for them to be in the 8-12 range. As long as the NHL doesn't do something stupid like not allow gambling on their games in Vegas. Like the NBA did with the Grizzlies and Raptors in BC and Ontario. Not sure if they allow it in Ontario now.
3. I do think there's potential for them to be even higher, but even then not likely to surpass any juggernauts.

Fair enough... hell I wouldn't be shocked if a team in Vegas completely bombed either. But I would be shocked if they weren't more successful than Phoenix and Florida.
4. In closing I feel that while I think they'd be a 15-20ish team, and they have the potential to (barely) crack the top 3rd of the league.... ultimately I don't think anyone really knows since vegas is such a wild card and they could very much be right near the bottom of the league but I'll be shocked if they are as bad as Phoenix or Florida as a few people claimed they would be.

Even if Vegas is a huge success, I think it's almost impossible for it to be in the top 2/3 of the league.

15-19 last year was NYR, Boston, San Jose, St.Louis, Edmonton. I can't see Vegas beating any of those teams in term of attendance.

Next 3 teams are Nashville, Anaheim, Colorado. Again, a tough order to beat those teams, Anaheim being possibly the weakest market of the 3.

If Vegas is successful, I see them in the 23-28 range.

Even if Vegas is a huge success, I think it's almost impossible for it to be in the top 2/3 of the league.

15-19 last year was NYR, Boston, San Jose, St.Louis, Edmonton. I can't see Vegas beating any of those teams in term of attendance.

Next 3 teams are Nashville, Anaheim, Colorado. Again, a tough order to beat those teams, Anaheim being possibly the weakest market of the 3.

If Vegas is successful, I see them in the 23-28 range.

I agree, which is why I question the whole idea. Why expand into a market that will forever be ensconsed in the bottom eschelon of the league? They'd be better off just relocating the Panthers there or, better yet, not go there at all. Personally I don't see a team in Vegas lasting more than about a decade before it will need to be moved. It's one thing to have embarrassing attendance in Florida where no one pays attention; quite another to fail in a high-profile town like Vegas.

hqdefault.jpg

I agree, which is why I question the whole idea. Why expand into a market that will forever be ensconsed in the bottom eschelon of the league? They'd be better off just relocating the Panthers there or, better yet, not go there at all. Personally I don't see a team in Vegas lasting more than about a decade before it will need to be moved. It's one thing to have embarrassing attendance in Florida where no one pays attention; quite another to fail in a high-profile town like Vegas.

Where do you come up with your shit anyway? Vegas is high-profile? No major league teams.

South Florida isn't high profile? South Beach? The Grove? Heck even Boca?

Being on the left coast has you gassed.

Hair must be sleeping.

David Krejci signed a nice 6 year/$43.5 million extension today.

We have a $70m+ cap these days. $7.25 is not a huge hit these days. I'll take Krejci at $7.25 over Vanek at $6.5m any day.

Except that Krejci is better than Vanek.

that's your opinion, I have yet to see Krejci come close to scoring 40 like Vanek has done several times, ya he's had a 23g year...and I still don't think he's nearly as good as Vanek. There are parts to his game that's better, but Vanek could win you games by himself as we've seen during the regular season. Kerjci has good team mates in Boston, who has Vanek ever had really?

Back