• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Hope_Smoke
Dreger "you're an $8 million dollar athlete and obviously not as conditioned as what most would hope you would be to earn that salary"

Dreger saying maybe Kessel should have [when criticizing how team was assembled] walked into a hall of mirrors

I find the whole Kessel rant today a joke.

http://www.tsn.ca/i-m-fed-up-over-what-s-been-said-1.221076

I get the outrage of a tweet like that getting on TV. TSN needs to be better than that, but Kessel is a joke for using this mistake as a catalyst to explode over his ongoing frustration with the marketplace. He and Phaneuf have been horrible and deserve all of the criticism that they have received.

I also despise the argument that a player "can't help how much he gets paid". GM's are not giving this money out of the goodness of their own hearts. Players negotiate in a process that is essentially a promise to perform at the level of the money that they receive. Agents, GM's and arbitrators hunt down comparable players/contracts to argue the "value" of an individual player. If that player does not live up to their contract... THAT IS THEIR OWN FAULT. Players like Phaneuf who are paid like top level elite talent and play like 3rd and fourth line talent deserve EVEN MORE CRITICISM for not living up to their side of the bargain.

Blame the precks who paid a # 3 dman 7 mil a year , no one else . MB would not of paid him , he would been moved 2 years prior to his next contract . They fked up , paying the wrong players for the wrong team . When the Bruins and Flames basically told both get lost , you knew you were inheriting problems , no one trades #1D or 30-40 goal scorers in the right environment.

Blame the precks who paid a # 3 dman 7 mil a year , no one else . MB would not of paid him , he would been moved 2 years prior to his next contract . They fked up , paying the wrong players for the wrong team . When the Bruins and Flames basically told both get lost , you knew you were inheriting problems , no one trades #1D or 30-40 goal scorers in the right environment.

They have some blame to bare as well. But Phaneuf is equally responsible for being overpaid.

Misogynist much?

If she went out with Avery and Phaneuf she obviously has no self respect so I don't see why I should respect her. She's a puck bunny, the sort you see hanging around every hockey rink in the country from junior on up. Women of easy virtue. The only thing unique about Cuthbert is that she's famous.

Panthers and Leafs are tied 2-2.

Luongo's already hurt... now Montoya gets hurt.

Looked like they might have to put a position player in net but Montoya has returned.

If Phaneuf doesn't want to be savaged by the media he shouldn't have sucked at hockey so much and married a skank that half the players in the league had already banged.

You sound like a guy who has only slept with one woman, which is fine but you know of about 2 guys that Elisha has slept with... her husband and Avery. She went on something like 1 1/2 dates with Komisarek so who knows if he had the courage to even kiss her good night and I have no idea about Shaun White but she is allowed to have some fun before getting married... most people should before settling down.

Lol that is ridiculous. It's a negotiation, both parties are equally responsible and open to equal criticism.

If you really believe that Phaneuf is equally to blame for receiving an amount that the other side was not forced to give him, I don't know what to tell you.

If you really believe that Phaneuf is equally to blame for receiving an amount that the other side was not forced to give him, I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't believe that phaneuf or his agent have anything to do with how much his contract ends up being, I don't know what to tell you.

not sure I would want to bang and marry one of my partners' former GFs. That is the weird part, she was ****ing Komisarek then started getting it on with cro magnon man.

We joked about her and Komi back in the day but it was like only one or two dates as I remember. He seemed like a guy who was just happy to have a picture taken with her.

If she went out with Avery and Phaneuf she obviously has no self respect so I don't see why I should respect her. She's a puck bunny, the sort you see hanging around every hockey rink in the country from junior on up. Women of easy virtue. The only thing unique about Cuthbert is that she's famous.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site, and you even wrote it after a woman called you out. If I wrote something this misogynistic (which I never would), HP would have banned me.

WTF are you babbling about?

Avery, who I do think is a prick, has done well with modeling and fashion in NY since leaving the NHL so he is a pretty successful guy.

Dion who we all joke about I actually think seems like a very nice guy and I have great respect for the fact that he doesn't hide from the Toronto media after the game and tells it like it is... very captain-like. He is not the best looking guy but he clearly wooed Elisha with love since she obviously gave up banging hockey guys all day long which is her favorite thing to do according to you.

It's called freedom of speech. It's ALL fair game. The only reason TSN is apologizing is because they're too chicken to stand up to the Leafs. But if they ever let it go to court Phaneuf would lose. You can argue that something is "offside" from a standpoint of being in bad taste but it's not illegal. We have freedom of speech. What we do not have is freedom to never be offended.

As for Kessel, he's being disingenuous. He claims to be sticking up for Phaneuf but he's really talking about himself. But he knows that if he makes it about himself he'll look petty.

Well, I was arguing your comment was in rather poor taste. You have no idea what their private lives are like.

But for TSN and the person who made that tweet, it's not free speech if it isn't true.

#waywardditchpigsknow

As for Kessel... sorry, he may score 50 for someone one day but I wouldn't want him on the Habs. He sucks the positivity out of a dressing room like a Tyson Vacuum. I am not sure why this rant has anything to do with the media... maybe they fuel the fire but it is the fans who make the tweets, throw the jersey's on the ice and laugh when Kessel gets picked last at the ASG.

He needs to go the way of Dany Heatley who couldn't cut the pressure in freaking Atlanta & Ottawa of all places... he needed the beach atmosphere in Cali much like I am sure Kessel prays for at this moment.

Back