• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Or deal him for 2 first rounders like Seguin + Hamilton.

just might wanna keep Seguin after getting him though, just sayin...

so happy Chiapet got a little too headmaster like and traded away 10 yrs of elite centre production.

That's awful. It's one thing to get ripped off. But getting ripped off by your parents is another.

WTF were the parents doing getting a series of high interest loans? They must have had awful credit ratings. With interest at historic lows, I'm getting weekly offers for 1% credit cards and I don't have a golden goose playing in the NHL.

That's awful. It's one thing to get ripped off. But getting ripped off by your parents is another.

They need to show ESPN's 30 for 30, "Broke" to every player who signs their first one way deal in the NHL.

They need to show ESPN's 30 for 30, "Broke" to every player who signs their first one way deal in the NHL.

It's a 5 second rule.

Don't fire Pat Brisson and replace them with family.

WTF were the parents doing getting a series of high interest loans? They must have had awful credit ratings. With interest at historic lows, I'm getting weekly offers for 1% credit cards and I don't have a golden goose playing in the NHL.

Must have burned all their financial bridges, so they used their sons.

Or in ForumIce terms, don't fire Krusty and replace him with Xpofan.

Must have burned all their financial bridges, so they used their sons.

This is the second time I've read some not so flattering things about Jack Johnson's dad. I'll have to re-read it, but in Gare Joyce's Future Greats, he talked about Jack Johnson's dad a little bit.

There must be some gambling or other affliction behind this

Reading that makes me sick. How do you do that to your kid?

Some people are so greedy they disregard the fact they are doing this to their family. Money is very controlling and empowering, and can turn even family members against each other. But, it's disgusting, and from that article I don't think Johnson had any clue what was going on. He still has time to earn more money, he's not even 30 yet, but I hope he learned his lesson, never mix family and business.

Some people are so greedy they disregard the fact they are doing this to their family. Money is very controlling and empowering, and can turn even family members against each other. But, it's disgusting, and from that article I don't think Johnson had any clue what was going on. He still has time to earn more money, he's not even 30 yet, but I hope he learned his lesson, never mix family and business.

Hopefully he will be able to settle some of those debts. I believe he is signed until he is 32. Which is still time to get another contract if he continues to play well.

He's made roughly 20M in his career so far. The reports have him 10-15M in debt. What I don't understand is how someone can physically have spent 30M or more dollars in only 5 or 6 years. That's the part that I don't get at all. How insanely bad at managing money do you have to be to lose that much money? I doubt I could even spend that much on hookers and blow even if I really tried.

He's made roughly 20M in his career so far. The reports have him 10-15M in debt. What I don't understand is how someone can physically have spent 30M or more dollars in only 5 or 6 years. That's the part that I don't get at all. How insanely bad at managing money do you have to be to lose that much money? I doubt I could even spend that much on hookers and blow even if I really tried.

I would say lifestyle. 2-5mil dollar home.1mil in renovations. Cars, vacations, travel to all his games, as the article stated. You are right, it would be pretty hard to spend all that money.

Matt Frattin (TOR) and Andrej Nestrasil (DET) on waivers today.

Frattin clears; Nestrasil was claimed by the Hurricanes.

The Leafs put Petri Kontiola on waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract.

I would say lifestyle. 2-5mil dollar home.1mil in renovations. Cars, vacations, travel to all his games, as the article stated. You are right, it would be pretty hard to spend all that money.

I can't feel too sorry for him even if he got screwed. He's a young guy and will likely make 30 million more dollars alone in his next long term deal and will likely get another contract after the next one.

He obviously learnt a lesson the hard way, I don't blame him but to a certain extent he should have also been more careful too managing his own money.

Back