• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2015 - 2016 Season

good for us , rest up and avoid injury

his risk and decision making factor will haunt him for years

Plus his chirping may lead to extra penalties , they went the safe route
If they were concerned about chirping they wouldn't have selected Marchand

Great job by the GM in pushing for Subban, you'd almost think he sides with the half-wit that fills out the game sheet.

If they were concerned about chirping they wouldn't have selected Marchand

Marchand isn't going to do a double spinerama coming out of his zone with no one back . We are missing the point here. This is a star studded lineup they don't need PK to win . You could invite any of 15 other quality players as forwards and D and this team is still solid .

They are trying to build a cohesive team for a 2-3 week tourney and went with who they seem are the best fit .

Price should phone up Babcock and tell him to go **** himself that he's not interested in wasting his time at this shit event.

Price should phone up Babcock and tell him to go **** himself that he's not interested in wasting his time at this shit event.

Carey would never do that, but maybe Angela would. Or get Chuckie's girl to pay Babcock a visit.

Subban paid the price for playing in Montreal, where every giveaway makes it to front page the next morning.

Doughty, Keith, Weber probably give it away as much (or even more) than Subban.

Such is life...

The writing was on the wall for Subban as to how he was used in the Olympics, Babcock doesn't trust him.

Anyways, its one of the most ridiculous tournament formats I've ever seen, I doubt the players that were snubbed will really care

It's not a tournament I take seriously, especially not when Conor McDavid is on some gimmick team instead of Team Canada.

Not going out of my way to watch the tourney.

I was gonna put it on "ignore" anyway.

The Eurotrash and NA teams are absurd. It just comes across as sad and ridiculous.

I'll still watch, but it's not a tournament I consider particularly credible.

How can you claim this is a best on best tournament when some of the best players aren't even allowed to play for their team because they're not old enough? If they were going to make stupid teams, I'd rather them make something like two Canadian teams. Canada West & Canada East instead of these nonsensical Eurostars and U23 North American teams.

It's a tournament to gas money out of Toronto based companies with ridiculously priced tickets, nothing more.

How can you claim this is a best on best tournament when some of the best players aren't even allowed to play for their team because they're not old enough? If they were going to make stupid teams, I'd rather them make something like two Canadian teams. Canada West & Canada East instead of these nonsensical Eurostars and U23 North American teams.

It's a tournament to gas money out of Toronto based companies with ridiculously priced tickets, nothing more.

Tisk Tisk :nono:

Surely you meant to say Canada and Québec

Not to mention its a bit insulting to Slovakia to be told that you are not good enough to have your own team.

Hockey is a bit like rugby. A secondary sport globally, with one obsessed top dog (New Zealand, Canada), a handful of very good teams to make it interesting, and a bunch of weiner teams that are cannon fodder. But at the RWC, the lower tier teams get to play the likes of New Zealand and South Africa.

It should be the same for hockey. Let Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, Latvia, Denmark, and a shitty 12th team play too (Slovenia, Austria). I'm sure the players would rather player for their own countries than these weird synthetic teams, they get *really* amped up to play the likes of Canada. Same goes for our rugby team when they get to play the All Blacks.

Instead, they've created this absurd format. It's idiotic.

Not going out of my way to watch the tourney.

Turning on your television at night does not require mounds of effort. Just saying. We'll all be watching, even the faux outraged over Subban snub crowd here - you all know who you are.

Back