• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

I care, i don't think ours is worse than theirs and they scored 3-4 goals every game.

#OffensiveMindedCoach

If you watch Nashville play, you'll realize it's not so much the forwards but how involved the defence is.

Subban, Josi, ekholm and Ellis are good puck moving defensemen who create opportunities for their forwards.

Much better than weber, markov, Petry and Benn.

Also, 3 guys on their first line who have scored 30 in a season. Forsberg Johanson ardvidsson >Pacioretty, Danault, radulov.

Arvidsson is probably the most underrated forward in the whole league.

Nashville's a very well built team.

Is Nash forward core better than us?

Nashville has a mobile defense that can transition the puck resulting in more offensive opportunities. I think we're well aware of what the offensive potential is of some of our guys on the blueline.

Should have kept Desharnais. He was the playoff goal scorer on that line.

But we have Ott, King, Martinson,etc. Not that here is anything wrong with that.

Davey might have been useful to throw out there every now and again. Probably wouldn't make any difference in a series, but could he have accomplished less?

Forgive me. I like to know there is some potential to score on a shift. And I didn't mind Desharnais as much as some. Due to his size, he may just have been on the wrong team in the end.

Last edited:
Pekka Rinne:
Career playoff sv%: .916
Career regular season sv%: .917
2016-2017 sv%: .918

2017 1st round sv%: .975

Sure, Rinne was playing out of his mind.

But Nashville still needed to score goals, something Nashville can seem to do and montreal cannot.

When you are in the playoff and you miss barberio and Desharnais, you know you made some poor moves.

Going bigger is not always the best answer.

Davidson, King, Nesterov are all worst than Barberio and Desharnais.

Not a great year trade wise for us.

When you are in the playoff and you miss barberio and Desharnais, you know you made some poor moves.

Going bigger is not always the best answer.

Davidson, King, Nesterov are all worst than Barberio and Desharnais.

Not a great year trade wise for us.

Trust me, we are not missing either of those two.

What we are missing we never had at any point this season and that's more talent in the top nine

I won't shed a tear over Desharnais...or Weise....or any other player we let go....

Subban trade will hurt us in 2-3 years...but for now, it doesn't.

What I dislike about Bergevin/Therrien's dictatorship, is that they made us believe that this team's problem was ka-rac-tar....and they privileged guys like Pleks/Max over guys like Subban. A good GM doesn't make trades based on that....Subban is not Evander Kane....

But again, if we are down 3-2 in these series, it's not because of the Subban trade, but it's an accumulation of stupidity from our GM (like the Subban situation)

I won't shed a tear over Desharnais...or Weise....or any other player we let go....

Subban trade will hurt us in 2-3 years...but for now, it doesn't.

What I dislike about Bergevin/Therrien's dictatorship, is that they made us believe that this team's problem was ka-rac-tar....and they privileged guys like Pleks/Max over guys like Subban. A good GM doesn't make trades based on that....Subban is not Evander Kane....

But again, if we are down 3-2 in these series, it's not because of the Subban trade, but it's an accumulation of stupidity from our GM (like the Subban situation)

IMO the predicament is simply poor amateur scouting - if TT wanted Pastrnak why didn't they give up a 2nd and move up a couple of spots to ensure no one would steal him? The org doesn't get how to analyze & scout the finer aspects of offensive capability.

Back