• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Stop saying "No Habs fan would do this" cause you're wrong and move on. You're not the dictator of how Habs fans are or are not allowed to feel.

You're not in the majority here. Obviously every Hab fans wants them to win first. However, at this point cheering for the Preds (a team that outside of PK has virtually no history as a rival with the Habs) and wanting the Habs to win or lose are not mutually exclusive or relevant in anyway. You need to get off your high horse here.
By "no habs fan" he means himself.

Just change that every time he says it and his posts become more tolerable.

I still like PK a lot, but not really cheering for the Preds. Every round they win seems like a round we would have won without doing the trade (and I like Weber too). Somewhat irrational but thats just being a sports fan. If he was a more average player then it would be a lot easier to get behind them.

AT this point I would prefer the Oilers or Capitals (don't mind Eller winning because he wouldn't have made a difference, ok it would be annoying to watch Desharnais win), would be ambivalent towards the Ducks and Blues, would prefer to not have (but wouldn't be too bothered if) NYR or the Preds won, and would actively cheer against Ottawa and that other team left.

Eller was also one of our better recent playoff players, and his line was great against the Leafs.

he was our best player in many of our playoff games -- especially vs Bruins
True, but Subban also was significantly out performed when facing off with teams w D studs - vs McDonagh & Hedman. Sheltered on the 2nd pairing w Preds can only make Subban that much more dominating - i.e facing opposition 2nd pairing & 2nd/3rd/4th forward lines

True, but Subban also was significantly out performed when facing off with teams w D studs - vs McDonagh & Hedman. Sheltered on the 2nd pairing w Preds can only make Subban that much more dominating - i.e facing opposition 2nd pairing & 2nd/3rd/4th forward lines

He also outperformed Hedman one year (the swept), Chara, and did pretty well against Karlsson. So while McDonagh and Hedman did outperform him, that's only 2 series in his whole playoff career.

McDonagh is not a D stud under any definition of the word. People on this board only notice him because he once was in our organization.

I would also hope a 2nd overall would outperform a 2nd round choice.

Pens defense is very average without Letang and they allowed 13 goals in first round and 2 today which is not bad. Fleury having Ok playoff so far with 0.934 save %.

Looking at the Rangers last night, it makes me realize even more as a few days have gone by how we folded like a cheap suit again these playoffs. Perhaps more from lack of talent than effort..So glad the character guys made the difference.

Looking at the Rangers last night, it makes me realize even more as a few days have gone by how we folded like a cheap suit again these playoffs. Perhaps more from lack of talent than effort..So glad the character guys made the difference.
Looking back the entire series changed around one roster move for NYR - removing their 1-4th line grit/character guy (Glass) and inserting pure skill (Buchnevich).
Three games to zero (3-0) post roster move vs Habs

Last edited:
That Ottawa attendance situation is just reinforcing that they are not a good hockey market.

2nd round of playoffs and you're not even close to capacity.

Looking back the entire series changed around one roster move for NYR - removing their 1-4th line grit/character guy (Glass) and inserting pure skill (Buchnevich).
Three games to zero (3-0) post roster move vs Habs

I felt the exact same way when it happened. As soon as I saw how different they looked after inserting Buchnevich, I started to feel that we were in trouble. We had nothing similar to to insert in our lineup as a spark, with all due respect to Tory Mitchell.

Back