• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

I bet he wishes that trade never happened :lol

He will soon enough. Announcers love to call him the man mountain, but boy will he ever have a mountain of pressure on him for the rest of his career.

The optics of the trade are absolutely terrible.

I think Nashville is winning the cup now. Pittsburgh is too banged up.

Nashville looked overwhelmed last night, they benefited from some really poor goaltending by Bernier and elite goaltending by Rinne.

They almost collapsed last night after blowing a two goal lead in the 3rd, they are gonna start feeling the effects early in the final of not having their two top centers and facing actual quality NHL goatending.

This is all under the assumption Pittsburgh is winning the conference final

Last edited:
If the Habs had won by being outshot 41-16 people here would bitch that it's unsustainable because we're too goalie dependant. But because it's the Preds the PK sycophants think it's all good.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Its not sustainable to be outshot 41-16.

That said, it was one game, and the team has generally been on the good side of the Corsi numbers all season (6th overall).

So sure lets call that 1 game sample size unsustainable. It absolutely is. Its not sustainable that they will be outshot by 25 every night when we look at the 82 regular season games and 15 playoff games that came before.

Its not sustainable to be outshot 41-16.

That said, it was one game, and the team has generally been on the good side of the Corsi numbers all season (6th overall).

So sure lets call that 1 game sample size unsustainable. It absolutely is. Its not sustainable that they will be outshot by 25 every night when we look at the 82 regular season games and 15 playoff games that came before.

I agree, that it was one game.

But I wouldn't necessarily categorize this one game as a "one off"

This was a significant game and Nashville looked overwhelmed most of the night, even you agreed that Bernier didn't help with his goaltending and was a reason Nashville was so opportunistic....Bernier looks small in net, they were beating him high when he was in his butterfly.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nashville starts to feel the pinch of missing their two centers.

Plus for the first time Nashville will face a team that throws two quality top notch centers at them (Again assuming Pittsburgh wins)

They needed to contain Toews, Stastny, Getzlaf in each of their series...this time around Crosby and Malkin will test them

David Poile has been in management for 44-yrs first 7 as AGM, and never won squat....yup gold standard genius

You keep repeating this to mock people here, while being the only one saying it. Not sure anyone's calling Poile a genious.

Nashville is feeling the lack of depth at center, no doubt.

That said. Sissons did have a hattrick.

And Fisher should be back in the finals.

And yes their task vs malkin/crosby is tough. But pittsburgh must also survive without their best dmen.

If it happens its an intriguing matchup

You keep repeating this to mock people here, while being the only one saying it. Not sure anyone's calling Poile a genious.
The only suggestions ive ever seen on poile being a genius was couched in the idea that he while hasnt built a winning team and has issues with getting forwards, the guy churns out more elite level defence than anyone.

Back