• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2016-17 Season

Well really... I'd actually prefer to just get rid of offsides altogether. As long as it exists though... that's offside.

What's great about them?

Get rid of them and you open up the ice for more offence and less stoppages.

It prevents cherry-picking. If you had a child who plays mites hockey in the U.S. you would understand what I'm talking about. Hockey without offsides is not hockey.

It prevents cherry-picking. If you had a child who plays mites hockey in the U.S. you would understand what I'm talking about. Hockey with offsides is not hockey.
Everyone knows what cherry picking is. These are not mites... And who cares if they cherry pick? If someone is cherry picking they aren't playing defense so the other team has a better chance to score. And if they get the puck to the cherry picker he has a better chance to score. Win win.

Everyone knows what cherry picking is. These are not mites... And who cares if they cherry pick? If someone is cherry picking they aren't playing defense so the other team has a better chance to score. And if they get the puck to the cherry picker he has a better chance to score. Win win.

Usually you have pretty good ideas. This is not one of them. Having offsides forces players to think critically on the ice and make smart, tactical plays to move the puck up the ice. I'm not interested in watching the England football team play hockey. Have you seen their international record in the last 25 years?

Last edited:

Usually you have pretty good ideas. This is not one of them. Having offsides forces players to think critically on the ice and make smart, tactical plays to move the puck up the ice. I'm not interested in watching the England football team play hockey. Have you seen their international record in the last 25 years?
If they held world cups between world cups, England would never lose

They are forced to make smart, tactical plays within the rules. Change the rules and they're forced to make smart, tactical plays within those rules.

They got rid of the two line pass for the same reason... players adapted, get rid of off sides and they'll adapt again. And there will be more offense.

They are forced to make smart, tactical plays within the rules. Change the rules and they're forced to make smart, tactical plays within those rules.

They got rid of the two line pass for the same reason... players adapted, get rid of off sides and they'll adapt again. And there will be more offense.

Yet you dont want this goal to count?

You're weird

Yet you dont want this goal to count?

You're weird
Wtf are you talking about? I am only saying that as long as there are offsides then this goal shouldn't count.

I also don't think that there should be a penalty for shooting the puck out of play... But as long as there is I want them to get the call right.

What's great about them?

Get rid of them and you open up the ice for more offence and less stoppages.

They're quite tactical and I've found the blue line plays to try/prevent the puck from leaving the zone to be one of the most fun part of hockey. It creates tension points. Otherwise it's pretty much pond hockey.

It's also one of the two very basic rules about the game, there is icing and offsides and that's pretty much it. It's a big part of the essence of the game.

Hockey without the offside rule is as bad an idea as baseball with the designated hitter. Both are aberrations.

I'd even be okay with restoring the rule against the two line pass.

Back