• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2016 Offseason

Are you going to tell me that Larson is a better and cheaper option than Beaulieu would have been? If the price for Hall was that low Bergevin should have been able to get something done last week without sacrificing Subban in the process. Epic fail to add a top 6 forward for next to nothing.

Are you going to tell me that Larson is a better and cheaper option than Beaulieu would have been? If the price for Hall was that low Bergevin should have been able to get something done last week without sacrificing Subban in the process. Epic fail to add a top 6 forward for next to nothing.
No, I'm sure MB offered up both Emelin & Beaulieu for Hall...

Oilers were desperate for a D and you always overpay to get a quality D vs other positions.

Patience...Chia-pets track record in acquiring Dman was pretty impressive for a Bruins. Chara, Boychuk etc..

Maybe AL turned the corner last year , played big heavy minutes . His numbers will improve in Edmonton.

Maybe AL turned the corner last year , played big heavy minutes . His numbers will improve in Edmonton.

There's no doubt his numbers will improve in Deadmonton, but only by default. He'll be playing with a much more offense oriented team and he'll probably be the team's #1 d-man by default.

Chiarelli is lucky that MB traded Subban the same day that he gave away Taylor Hall for peanuts. Really lucky.

There had to be a Habs Oilers trade to be made. Very weird.

The only way Bergy saves face is if Oilers overpaid for Subban.....which they weren't ready to do.

With Weber, at least he can sell us on leadership, team canada top 2 dmen, PP help...etc....weak, but still not bad

Getting Hall would have saved face.

Bergy (errr Therrien) needed a top minute dmen in return.

Let's be honest.....the only reason we got Weber is because he didn't have a NTC, so he couldn't say no to MTL. Bergy probably tried for Suter, Pietrangelo, etc

The Sabres have acquired Anders Nilsson from the Blues for a fifth-round pick.

Back