• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mental Midget/RC/Dolt thread

Krust, you being a courtroom guy must have found Cooper's voice to be unlawyerlike. He must have been a corporate solicitor. No power in that voice.

No you weren't.

All the Therrien cocksucking will end when he pulls another bonehead ****ing move that will cost us a series.

He's still on borrowed time. He won some in Pittsburgh too but could never close the deal. He needs to close the deal before you can be labeled wrong. It is a results-oriented position. There can really be only one positive result, cup.

So unless he wins the Cup, he will always be a bad coach. Got it. That makes it easy. But with a team as packed as the Habs are, it's truly their Cup to lose and only the coach can lose it for them.

So unless he wins the Cup, he will always be a bad coach. Got it. That makes it easy. But with a team as packed as the Habs are, it's truly their Cup to lose and only the coach can lose it for them.

Average coach.

All coaches that can't close the deal are average coaches. It's a results-oriented business.

No you weren't.

All the Therrien cocksucking will end when he pulls another bonehead ****ing move that will cost us a series.

He's still on borrowed time. He won some in Pittsburgh too but could never close the deal. He needs to close the deal before you can be labeled wrong. It is a results-oriented position. There can really be only one positive result, cup.

I think the guy has come a long way since that time when he last coached here.

His resume isn't bad...

He won a memorial cup, took his AHL team in Wilkes-Barre to the finals and went to the Stanley cup finals with the Pens.

Obviously he knows what is required for long playoff runs

Cooper doesn't seem to have that killer instinct...maybe he's hiding it.

Cooper is way smarter but I'd bet on Therrien in an alley fight.

Honestly, I think Cooper and squad were happy just to make the playoffs. Kind of like the Habs last season. Yzerman needs to retool a little in the summer and add some playoff grit.

But no, right now I wouldn't switch him for Boucher or Cooper. It would have to be a proven coach like Babcock. Otherwise it's a sideways move.

Honestly, I think Cooper and squad were happy just to make the playoffs. Kind of like the Habs last season. Yzerman needs to retool a little in the summer and add some playoff grit.

Cooper even said so after the game: "part of the growth learning curve for our young players moving forward".

Average coach.

All coaches that can't close the deal are average coaches. It's a results-oriented business.

But even winning the Cup doesn't make you a great coach. I wouldn't call Al McNeil, Jean Perron, Bob Hartley, Marc Crawford, Peter Laviolette or Randy Carlyle, just to name a few, great coaches.

Mike Babcock, for all his supposed greatness, has won the Cup only once (and against Therrien to boot). Lemaire has won the Cup only once.

You know as well as I do that it's the players that win the Cup, the coach is only there to help as much as he can along the way.

But even winning the Cup doesn't make you a great coach. I wouldn't call Al McNeil, Jean Perron, Bob Hartley, Marc Crawford, Peter Laviolette or Randy Carlyle, just to name a few, great coaches.

Mike Babcock, for all his supposed greatness, has won the Cup only once (and against Therrien to boot). Lemaire has won the Cup only once.

You know as well as I do that it's the players that win the Cup, the coach is only there to help as much as he can along the way.

Cito Gaston was, IMO, a horrible manager. Yet he won two World Series.

Forum Ice Rule #14.

Coach is only important to the Habs if they lose.

Back