• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 49 | Montréal vs. Maple Leafs | Jan. 18/14

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
extralarge.png

2013-14 Regular Season Record:

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

27-16-5 : 59 Points
(3rd Place in the Atlantic Division)

large.png

24-20-5 : 53 Points
(4th Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Montréal

PriceMask2013_zps68c89ab8.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 38
Wins: 22
Loses: 12
OTL: 4
SO: 2
GAA: 2.26
Save%: .926

Maple Leafs

JB45Tor_zps3b4ef8a8.jpg

#45 Jonathan Bernier
GPI: 34
Wins: 15
Loses: 14
OTL: 4
SO: 1
GAA: 2.58
Save%: .926

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

Maple Leafs Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(17)Rene Bourque - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (21)Brian Gionta
(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(49)Michael Bournival - (48)Daniel Brière - (8)Brandon Prust
(32)Travis Moen - (28)Joonas Nattinen - (15)George Parros

defencemen.gif

(26)Josh Gorges - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(55)Francis Bouillon - (40)Nathan Beaulieu

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(30)Peter Budaj

Meetings This Season:

Oct. 1st, 2013:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Nov. 30th, 2013:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Former Maple Leafs Now Playing For The Canadiens

None

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Maple Leafs

None

1604507_1411861055723289_1167404932_n_zpsd01ce39c.jpg

Pleks14Tor_zps49ef0add.jpg

Pacioretty67Tor_zpsbbb39394.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
&
cbclogo_zps388576d1.gif

Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020727

Canadiens look to create distance from Maple Leafs

By Arpon Basu

CANADIENS (27-16-5) at MAPLE LEAFS (24-20-5)

TV: NHLN-US, CBC, RDS

Last 10: Montreal 5-3-2; Toronto 6-4-0

Season series: This is the third of five games between the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs this season, but the first in Toronto. The teams have split the first two, with Toronto winning 4-3 on Oct. 1, the opening night of the season, and Montreal winning 4-2 on Nov. 30.

Big story: This is the second straight game in which the Canadiens have a chance to put some distance between them and a team chasing them in the Atlantic Division. Montreal won 5-4 in overtime at the Ottawa Senators on Thursday despite being outshot 44-23 and largely outplayed, thanks to the play of Carey Price.

The win gave Montreal an eight-point cushion on the Senators, and a victory in Toronto would put the Canadiens eight points up on the Maple Leafs with a game in hand.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: The Canadiens improved to 12-7-2 since Dec. 1 with their win against the Senators, but the game reflected some of the trends that have been plaguing the team since that date. In the 21 games since Dec. 1 the Canadiens have been outscored by 13 goals at 5-on-5 and by 10 goals overall. They have also been outshot 609-536, nearly 3.5 shots per game.

In spite of that, the Canadiens have increased their lead on the Maple Leafs over that span from two points on Dec. 1 to six points entering this game. While coach Michel Therrien is happy with where his team sits in the standings, he's cognizant of the fact Montreal needs to shore up certain aspects of their game.

"There's so much parity in the conference, you look at the standings and it's really tight. I believe it will be like that until the end of the year," Therrien told reporters after practice in Toronto on Friday. "They're all big games. For sure, we need consistency in the way we play."

Price will start in goal for Montreal.

Maple Leafs: Toronto received some bad news on the injury front Friday as coach Randy Carlyle disclosed that forward David Clarkson was placed on injured reserve and will miss at least a week. While his first season in Toronto has been a struggle for Clarkson, his loss creates another hole in the lineup Carlyle needs to fill.

One area that requires no tinkering is the top line of Phil Kessel, Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk, a trio that has been rolling since Bozak returned from injury on Dec. 29. In the nine games since then, Bozak has five goals and six assists, Kessel has four goals and seven assists and van Riemsdyk has four goals and four assists, meaning they've accounted for 13 of Toronto's 23 goals in that stretch.

"Tyler right now is our best fit [on that line]," Carlyle told reporters Friday. "He's played very well since he's been back. He's had a couple of speed bumps, but all in all he's been a go-to guy for us."

Who's hot: For the Canadiens, center Tomas Plekanec scored twice in the win in Ottawa on Thursday. … For the Maple Leafs, aside from the Bozak-Kessel-van Riemsdyk line, goaltender Jonathan Bernier has won his past two starts, and over his past three has a goals-against average of 2.61 and a save percentage of .930 while facing an average of 38 shots per game.

Injury report: The Canadiens are missing defenseman Davis Drewiske (shoulder), forward Alex Galchenyuk (hand) and forward Ryan White (upper body). Forward Lars Eller and defenseman Raphael Diaz missed practice Friday with cold symptoms. … The Maple Leafs are missing forwards Clarkson (elbow), Frazer McLaren (shoulder), David Bolland (ankle) and Trevor Smith (hand).

I'm feeling optimistic about tonight's game. I feel the boys will surprise us and play well and win the game.

Go Habs Go!!

I guess I should have said "surpise knowledgeable Habs fans". Sorry for that.

Knowledgeable fans know that the Leafs have the least points in the league since November 1st and as much as the Habs haven't played very well they have gained a lot of ground on the Leafs over the past month or so.

Knowledgeable fans also know how to spell "surprise."

Knowledgeable fans know that the Leafs have the least points in the league since November 1st and as much as the Habs haven't played very well they have gained a lot of ground on the Leafs over the past month or so.

Knowledgeable fans also know how to spell "surprise."

Knowledgeable fans don't pick on petty spelling mistakes.

Knowledgeable fans don't pick on petty spelling mistakes.

I don't ordinarily but it's always hilariously ironic when someone misspells a word while attempting to insult the intelligence of someone else.

Plus, you started this for no reason. I never insulted you, I just said nobody should be surprised if the Habs win, and you decided to try and insult me. So don't be supized when I insult you back.

I don't ordinarily but it's always hilariously ironic when someone misspells a word while attempting to insult the intelligence of someone else.

Plus, you started this for no reason. I never insulted you, I just said nobody should be surprised if the Habs win, and you decided to try and insult me. So don't be supized when I insult you back.

You were insulting. Read your tone in the message. You were being your usual wiseass.

You were insulting. Read your tone in the message. You were being your usual wiseass.

The tone? I said you shouldn't be surprised if the Habs win. I never said "intelligent people shouldn't be surprised" or anything like that. Just pointing out that the Habs are a better team who have been playing significantly better.

You're the one who decided to turn it into a childish fight.

I must have mis-intepreted your tone. Your reputation for being argumentive and bullying with me probably clouded my response to you and I shouldn't let it. I'm sorry if I mis-intepreted your tone.

In all honesty though, the way the Habs have been playing, it would be a surprise if the Habs win tonight. If you don't believe me, ask Burg. He picked the Leafs to win in the prediction game.

But like I had, I feel positive about their effort tonight.

I must have mis-intepreted your tone. Your reputation for being argumentive and bullying with me probably clouded my response to you and I shouldn't let it.

You're such a douche. You just gotta keep taking shots even when I haven't and I'm trying to sort things out.

There's a reason why you are on by far the most ignore lists on the board.

You're such a douche. You just gotta keep taking shots even when I haven't and I'm trying to sort things out.

There's a reason why you are on by far the most ignore lists on the board.

The Captain is giving him a good run for his money, though.

Back