• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What is Parros doing on the team when he isn't even fighting anymore?

GGpX

Can someone explain this to me?

Oh, and as I'm writing this, guess who's on the ice for Toronto's second goal?

Great job, Bergevin.

Parros should have just retired after the 2nd concussion. He's not really good at anything else and he's lost his fighting ability. It's a shame, he's such a likable person.

Parros is far and away my biggest pet peeve on this team.

It's like we're willingly handicapping every time we dress him up.

For the hundredth time, and I've said this from the day we got him.

You traded for the single worst player in the whole ****ing league last year. He was - far and away - the worst forward on the worst team in THE WHOLE ****ING LEAGUE.

And this is supposed to make us tough?? When he fights nobody except the designated goon on the other team?

**** off, man.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tarnasky get called up as he could provide toughness and he's pretty decent on faceoffs. Meanwhile Parros can get moved for a 7th since teams will always look to add toughness via a fighter.

Sure am glad we could roll four lines against a mediocre team like the Leafs.

Oh, right, we couldn't. Great.

5 years ago Parros would have been a HUGE addition. Now, he's a shell of his former self.

Huge as in, 6'5" goon who actually fought? I guess I agree?

Or do you mean huge as in relatively impactful? Uhhhh... Not sure what you're talking about here.

Huge as in, 6'5" goon who actually fought? I guess I agree?

Or do you mean huge as in relatively impactful? Uhhhh... Not sure what you're talking about here.

5 years ago when he could still fight he was able to keep opposing teams in check which would have been huge for a small team like Montreal. Unlike Laraque who for some reason wouldn't fight anyone he deemed not worthy, Parros would fight anyone and everyone. He was also a not-that-bad skater and could hit people. Today's Parros is completely ineffective at fighting and can't skate which means he can't hit. He's basically just a body to fill out a lineup card.

I'm a lot more worried about some of the cack we're seeing from regulars who are paid a lot more that Parros. He'll be gone soon enough.

Goons suck. Major beef with my team too. Parros, McLaren, Orr, etc. Major wastes of space.

Don't mind the odd fight but the players you listed don't have a please anymore.

Atlest when guys like Prust or clarkson fight, there is a real reason to drop the gloves.

Gives us another option to complain about.

I don't see how Tarnasky would be worse...on top of being nastier he can actually play hockey

Parros can't play and on top of it has no pro active demeanour to get involved

Yea not sure what the obsession is with Parros

Who's obsessed? MB was clueless that Parros was no longer the tough guy he was in Anaheim

This is a young mans role, these guys getting in their 32+ don't don't do it with the same deisre

I wouldn't mind seeing Tarnasky get called up as he could provide toughness and he's pretty decent on faceoffs. Meanwhile Parros can get moved for a 7th since teams will always look to add toughness via a fighter.

Tarnasky is good on faceoffs? Really?

I've never notice since he hasn't played a single game at Centre for the Bulldogs this season. Was he a centre before?

Yes, but he is not the main reason we win or lose games. He hardly plays and the guy who would take his place would not be a game breaker either. Yet a separate thread was opened to complain about him.

And for the record, you know what I think about goons.

Yes, but he is not the main reason we win or lose games. He hardly plays and the guy who would take his place would not be a game breaker either. Yet a separate thread was opened to complain about him.

And for the record, you know what I think about goons.

He was a big reason for the Leafs second goal tonight.

Back