• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Game 49 - Habs vs Leafs

We had one line (Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher) creating anything for the majority of the night. Not good enough.

When the officials put the whistle away, we have no chance.

We could have hade at least 4 PP's in the last 4 minutes.

Good : DD, Pk ,Ghallager
Bad, max patch , Pleks ,Markov
UGLY:Emelin , Bou, Eller , Georges, briere

Last edited:
Brain cramps by Gorges and Markov were deadly.

Getting fed up with Gorges. He's a turnover machine, and they're costly.

Well, I'll remember this day for a long time because we actually played Subban over 30 minutes.

Seems to me that he wasn't tired by the end of the game. Geez, I wonder why we couldn't do that more often with him...

I will give NB a good.

Breath of fresh air to have another D-man outside of Markov/Subban who can skate the puck and do something more creative that hard boards and high glass.

I hope MB noticed how many board battles were lost deep in the Toronto zone when Briere, Gionta, DD, Pleks, Gallagher were fighting for pucks.

I'm not questioning each of those guys desire to win but fact is the Leafs D has 3 feet and 20 pounds on each of those guys....they can have all the desire and character in the world but as we see logic is bigger players win most of the battles

Beaulieu impressed me. A lot of poise and though he made some mistakes, he's fast and can start the rush in a PK-like manner. Hopefully he's here to stay. Let's bring Tinordi up at least before the Pens game and bench Emelin or Gorges.

I seriously don't know what is happening to Emelin, he is not same player at all since his come back ! and PLEASE ! i can't stand 55!

missed call for the leafs second goal
missed call for the leafs 5th goal
bogus call for the leafs 3rd goal

but wow do our Dmen suck

The D (other than Subban) is really suspect. I'm actually shocked more teams have not focused their game plan on beating Markov with speed, he just can't keep up to be qualified as top pairing & the stretch drive/playoffs will make it glaring.

Beaulieu impressed me. A lot of poise and though he made some mistakes, he's fast and can start the rush in a PK-like manner. Hopefully he's here to stay. Let's bring Tinordi up at least before the Pens game and bench Emelin or Gorges.

Hmmm I saw it a bit different.

I mean you can see he has the talent to carry the puck, but he needs to show more confidence to make plays when he has to give up the puck.

Rather passive, lifeless effort I thought. Playing like we were afraid to lose.
Gallagher and Subban were very good. Very poor night for Emelin,Gorges among others.
Where has Lars Eller gone. Yes, he didn't have strong linemates, but he has been invisible for some time.
We didn't generate much of anything. Were lucky on a couple of goals, for a change.

Yeah. It's called the third period and it's been that way for decades.

Need players who can fight through it.

Except, for example, when PK ties a guy up after a the play is over. And the PP carries into OT and we lose the game because of a call not only in the third, but in the final seconds of the third.

It is inconsistent. And it is undeniable.

Back