• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 60 | Red Wings vs. Canadiens | Feb. 26/14

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

extralarge.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png

2013-14 Regular Season Record:

large.png

26-20-12 : 64 Points
(5th Place in the Pacific Division)

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

32-21-6 : 70 Points
(3rd Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Red Wings

3772.gif

#35 Jimmy Howard
GPI: 34
Wins: 12
Loses: 13
OTL: 9
SO: 2
GAA: 2.65
Save%: .914

Montréal

BudajNewMaskMon_zps9e6ed19b.jpg

#30 Peter Budaj
GPI: 14
Wins: 6
Loses: 4
OTL: 1
SO: 1
GAA: 1.97
Save%: .926

Red Wings Player Roster
Link

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(48)Daniel Brière - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (21)Brian Gionta
(27)Alex Galchenyuk - (81)Lars Eller - (17)Rene Bourque
(22)Dale Weise - (53)Ryan White- (32)Travis Moen

defencemen.gif

(26)Josh Gorges - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(6)Douglas Murray - (24)Jarred Tinordi

goalies.gif

(30)Peter Budaj
(31)Carey Price

Meetings This Season:

Jan. 24th, 2014:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Red Wings

None

Former Red Wings Now Playing For The Canadiens

None

wings-coach-mike-babcock.png

Subban76Det_zps1ba49570.jpg

Eller81Det_zps6fb163fe.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:30 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
TSN-HD.gif
&
FoxSpoDet_zps2e4ad9f9.jpg

Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020883

Red Wings restart pursuit of playoffs vs. Canadiens

By Jon Lane

RED WINGS (26-20-12) at CANADIENS (32-21-6)

TV: RDS, TSN, FS-D

Last 10: Detroit 5-3-2; Montreal 5-4-1

Season series: The Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens resume the 2013-14 season with the second of four games. The Red Wings defeated the Canadiens 4-1 on Jan. 24 at Joe Louis Arena, but fell 7-2 in the teams' last game at Bell Centre on Jan. 25, 2012.

Big story: The Red Wings arrive in Montreal trailing the Canadiens by six points in the Atlantic Division with 24 games remaining. Despite a bevy of injuries, Detroit entered the Olympic break 5-3-2 in its past 10 games despite a 4-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning in its final game before the two-week hiatus.

The Canadiens hold the third and final guaranteed playoff spot in the Atlantic Division and entered the break on a three-game winning streak. Montreal rebounded from a season-worst four-game skid in late January to go 5-1-1 in seven games and looks to continue the momentum against a division rival.

"They're a veteran group," Canadiens forward Brian Gionta said. "They've got guys who know how to win. You have to be aware of their offense, but they do a good job of not giving you too much time and space through the neutral zone. We've got to find a way to penetrate, making sure that we support each other across the blue line and creating chances so that we're not just chasing the puck all night."

Team Scope:

Red Wings: Detroit owns the Eastern Conference's second wild-card spot by one point, so the Red Wings know they will be in a dogfight to extend their run of playoff appearances to 23 seasons.

"We have to make sure that every single day we're really dialed in and prepared to do everything it takes to get our wins," associate coach Tom Renney told the Detroit Free Press. "Try to win 1-0. So be it. I don't think we're as decimated as maybe some would like to believe."

Canadiens: After winning a gold medal for Canada at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, goalie Carey Price will sit while Peter Budaj starts. Part of coach Michel Therrien's thinking is the workload that awaits Montreal with Wednesday beginning a stretch of seven games in 11 days.

"We understand we're going through a tough part of our schedule," Therrien said. "This is faster than a playoff run, so it's going to be really demanding on the players."

Who's hot: Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall has five points in three games. Forward Gustav Nyquist has seven points (five goals, two assists) in his past five … Canadiens center David Desharnais has three goals and two assists in his past five games. Right wing Brendan Gallagher had two assists in a Feb. 8 win against the Carolina Hurricanes and eight points in his past five.

Injury report: Red Wings center Stephen Weiss (sports hernia) will miss the next two games but will continue to practice with the team and could be back next Tuesday against the New Jersey Devils. Defenseman Jakub Kindl (knee) is not expected to play the next two games. Center Pavel Datsyuk (knee) hopes to play Wednesday but is questionable. Forward and captain Henrik Zetterberg (back surgery) is out at least the next eight weeks. Forward Johan Franzen (concussion) has been cleared to return, but his status will be determined at the morning skate. Center Cody Emmerton (finger) is on injured reserve. ... Canadiens forwards Alex Galchenyuk (broken hand) and Travis Moen (lower body) will return Wednesday. Forwards Brandon Prust (upper body) and Michael Bournival (concussion) are day-to-day and will not play. Defenseman Davis Drewiske (shoulder surgery) is on IR.

I wonder if Howard will regain his form from last season or remain a puck bag. Did he play any games during the Olympics?

Glad to have the Habs back. This may be crappy hockey compared to the Olympics, but it's OUR crappy hockey. Go Habs!

Glad to have the Habs back. This may be crappy hockey compared to the Olympics, but it's OUR crappy hockey. Go Habs!

Except for the two U.S.-Canada games, I found most of the hockey at the Olympics pretty boring.

Just like I prefer EPL soccer to the World Cup, I'll take the NHL brand over the Olympics on most days too.

Well it should be entertaining then.

Wait, this is your first NHL game? Like ever?

Haha, yeah. First one.

Well I saw them play in Halifax a couple of times but I've never been to a real game.

Back