• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 63 | Canadiens vs. Kings | Mar. 3/14

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
extralarge.png

2013-14 Regular Season Record:

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

34-21-7 : 75 Points
(2nd Place in the Atlantic Division)

large.png

34-22-6 : 74 Points
(3rd Place in the Pacific Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Montréal

BudajMask2014_zps19a5b0f9.jpg

#30 Peter Budaj
GPI: 17
Wins: 8
Loses: 4
OTL: 2
SO: 1
GAA: 2.21
Save%: .918

Kings

JQuickLAMask.jpg

#32 Jonathan Quick
GPI: 34
Wins: 31
Loses: 13
OTL: 2
SO: 4
GAA: 2.23
Save%: .919

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

Kings Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(27)Alex Galchenyuk - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (21)Brian Gionta
(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(22)Dale Weise - (81)Lars Eller - (17)Rene Bourque
(32)Travis Moen - (48)Daniel Brière - (15)George Parros

defencemen.gif

(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(26)Josh Gorges - (76)P.K. Subban
(6)Douglas Murray - (24)Jarred Tinordi

goalies.gif

(30)Peter Budaj
(35)Dustin Tokarski

Meetings This Season:

Dec. 10th, 2013:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Former Kings Now Playing For The Canadiens

(15)George Parros

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Kings

None

habs-superheroes_zps0a0fb3b7.jpg

GallagherGalchenyukLa_zps65f4fdfe.jpg

GorgesPriceLa_zps881fdaa0.jpg

This game can be seen live at 10:30 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
TSN-HD.gif
&
FoxSpoWest_zpsf84a7478.gif

Listen to the game live at 10:30 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020923

Canadiens visit Kings to start big road trip

By Brian Compton

CANADIENS (34-21-7) at KINGS (34-22-6)

TV: RDS, TSN-HABS, FS-W

Last 10: Montreal 7-1-2; Los Angeles 5-5-0

Season series: This is the second and final game between the Montreal Canadiens and Los Angeles Kings. The Kings cruised to a 6-0 victory at Bell Centre on Dec. 10. Martin Jones stopped all 31 shots he faced for the shutout.

Big story: It's the first of a huge four-game road trip for the Canadiens, who are aiming to catch the Boston Bruins for the Atlantic Division lead. Montreal enters action Monday six points behind Boston and two points ahead of the third-place Tampa Bay Lightning.

Los Angeles is wrapping up a quick two-game homestand. The Kings will begin a three-game road trip Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: Montreal extended its points streak to five games with a 4-3 overtime win against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday at Bell Centre. Max Pacioretty's second goal of the night was the game-winner at 3:28 of the extra period.

It was the third game the Canadiens have played since the 2014 Sochi Olympics, all without Carey Price. The gold medal-winning goaltender continues to be day-to-day with a lower-body injury. Backup Peter Budaj has stopped 77 of 87 shots in the three games since the Olympic break to help Montreal earn five of a possible six points.

"He's been unbelievable," Pacioretty said of Budaj. "He's kept us in all three games that he's played [since the break]. He's come up with some huge saves in some key moments, and I think that's probably the most important thing a goalie can do, is come up with big saves at the right time, and it seems like he's got that right now.

"We see him work hard every day. You guys don't see what goes on behind the scenes, but he's one of the hardest working goalies I've ever seen and it's good to see him getting rewarded."

Kings: Los Angeles held an optional skate Sunday after playing three games in four nights coming out of the Olympic break. Forward Anze Kopitar did not participate, but he did speak with reporters after practice. The Kings are 3-0-0 since the break and reside in third place in the Pacific Division, eight points ahead of the Vancouver Canucks.

"I think we are a team that is built better for playoffs than we are for the regular season," Kopitar told LA Kings Insider. "It seems like even the last couple years, we've had some struggles during the regular season, but when it's time to make it all happen, we were right there and we were up to the challenge. I think it's getting to about that point of the year where you've got to ramp it up. The guys are well-rested now, and we're going to be ready to go."

Who's hot: Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov has seven assists during a five-game point streak. Pacioretty has three goals and an assist over the past two games. … Kings forward Justin Williams has two goals and two assists in the past three games.

Injury report: Besides Price, the Canadiens could also be without forwards Ryan White (flu) and Brandon Prust (upper body). Forward Michael Bournival (concussion) is out.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 4 game losing streak starts tonight. Will be lucky if we stay in game.

Also expect 0-1 point on this road trip. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 4 game losing streak starts tonight. Will be lucky if we stay in game.

How many will the juggernaut Leafs get next week when they do the exact same trip?

thou weareth thy wager on thy sleeve, my son.

Back