• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade: Rumpleforeskin & Cheech

Don't know if that trade was made, but if it was...
I don't know how Cheech can trade a player who isn't one of his keeper for a higher draft pick for a player that he has to drop. I can see a keeper for a couple high round draft picks, but to trade a player that you have to drop to better your team...isn't right.
So I figured if he can do it, why can't I? Hell, I'll even take a third or a fourth round pick for Hamilton. It will improve my team if I do so by getting two picks in one of the first couple rounds for a player that I am going to drop anyway.

Last edited:
I believe we've always allowed trades up until the keeper deadline. That would make Cheech's trade legal.

I'd be all for eliminating off season trading.

I'm not saying to eliminate off season trading, but it should be either a keeper for a keeper plus draft picks or a keeper for 2 or 3 draft picks. Not trading away excess players that you are going to have to drop anyway, in order to pick up early draft picks to pat your team with early picks that you would normally not have. So you are getting early picks and giving away nothing.

Yeah that's actually what I meant. I should have said that. If guys want to trade keepers/picks then by all means. I've always felt that trading non keepers was wrong and detrimental to the league.

However, we've always allowed it as far as I can recall... lets do away with it for next season.

Actually, I don't think anybody has ever done it. This was the first one that I can remember since I've been in this league...5 -6 yrs?

Oh really? Hmmm... I'm in a few of these leagues. I could be getting them mixed up.

We'll definitely have a vote and settle this for next season.

Added a final round pick (Round 26) from Cheech to Rumple, cause Cheech will have a full roster after the 25th round.

Also, I added each team's 8 keepers in the first 8 rounds of the draft, so the 3rd round Cheech added will be in round 11.

In the meantime...anybody want Josh Hamilton for a 4th round draft pick?

We have just like we have in hockey and allowed trades up to the keeper deadline but after that deadline I've only seen deals done before. As stated before unless you've kept them as a keeper and the deadline has passed all other players are FA. Not sure if your joking about this or not but it is passed the trade deadline as HP stated so really you don't own him. The only way around this is to just have the keeper deadline up to the draft.

Back