• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What is our priority this summer?

Habs-25

Banned
beside signing subban and markov , what is our first priority ? getting a top 6 forward ( or keep vanek) or get a top 4 DM ? I would say get a DM .
I am pretty much disappointed from our D core , I know Ds takes time to develop but honestly outside of Subban and Markov all of our DMs are pretty much overrated

please discuss ..

Re: what is our priority this summer ?

overrated D beyond Subban and Markov, or maybe underdeveloped?

Aside from not knowing what's in Vanek's mind, I'd like to see him play out the remainder of the season before dangling bank at him. If not him, imo top 6 improvement is priority over D. This long standing pop gun offence needs to be reversed.

next to last in 5 on 5 scoring, c'mon....this blows.

Get a top 4 dman via trade who can play some D . VCR should be in dump mode so Bieksa and others will be available , the FA route makes no sense , all we will get is useless Murray retreads at the end of their careers looking for a paycheque. We need a D we can work with 2-3 years .

We need to relieve MT of his duties before he completely destroys our kids ability to develop.

1. BBQ
2. Vacation
3. BBQ during vacation
4. World Cup
5. BBQ during World Cup.

Last edited:

1) Trade Price for Hasek (but only if we are allowed to say he's a hybrid goalie)

2) Trade PK for Orr (but only the pre-injury Orr)

3) Trade Gallagher for Gretzky (but only pre-wedding Gretzky)

Boom....Done....Next.....

1. New coach
2. Top 6 forward
3. Top 4 D

I also like Coq's priorities. Forza Italia!!

There's definitely some work to do.

A top-six scorer and top-four defenceman should be at the top of the list.

A new coach would be great too... and yeah, sounds like Lefebvre needs to be replaced in Hamilton as well.

A new coach would be great too... and yeah, sounds like Lefebvre needs to be replaced in Hamilton as well.

Acquiring a top 6 FW and a top 6 D is probably the priority of 95percent of the league. The talent is diluted.

I hope the priority will be following Bergevin's plan of "getting bigger and tougher to play against."

A good start would be letting Gionta, Bouillon & Weaver go. If either Gionta/Bouillon are back, I'll lose any faith I have remaining in Bergevin. Trading for Vanek is a nice little cookie, but it's almost a forgone conclusion that he'll be signing in Minny come the summer and if we lose in the first round, then we traded a second + a good prospect (albeit starting to look marginal) for a month & a half of Vanek.

Then it would be trading one of DD/Pleks/Eller and making Galchenyuk a center permanently. I don't think you'll find anyone to take DD and I'm not sure you'll get much of anything for Eller as he's played this year, so trading Pleks might be the answer.

And not signing 7 d-men to one way NHL contracts would be good too. If depth is needed over the course of the season, you can acquire the Mike Weaver's of the world for late round picks. I want Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn in the rotation.

Getting a top-6 forward would be nice, but short of signing Jagr, I don't think that's going to be through free agency.

I hope the priority will be following Bergevin's plan of "getting bigger and tougher to play against."

A good start would be letting Gionta, Bouillon & Weaver go. If either Gionta/Bouillon are back, I'll lose any faith I have remaining in Bergevin. Trading for Vanek is a nice little cookie, but it's almost a forgone conclusion that he'll be signing in Minny come the summer and if we lose in the first round, then we traded a second + a good prospect (albeit starting to look marginal) for a month & a half of Vanek.

Then it would be trading one of DD/Pleks/Eller and making Galchenyuk a center permanently. I don't think you'll find anyone to take DD and I'm not sure you'll get much of anything for Eller as he's played this year, so trading Pleks might be the answer.

And not signing 7 d-men to one way NHL contracts would be good too. If depth is needed over the course of the season, you can acquire the Mike Weaver's of the world for late round picks. I want Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn in the rotation.

Getting a top-6 forward would be nice, but short of signing Jagr, I don't think that's going to be through free agency.

great post

We have a top 6 scorer in Vanek. We just need to work out a deal before he hits FA. Top 4 dman, well, it's either resign Markov or look at someone else.

We have a top 6 scorer in Vanek. We just need to work out a deal before he hits FA. Top 4 dman, well, it's either resign Markov or look at someone else.

Vanek wont sign , maybe we have a shot at Gaborik as his term maybe no more than 3 years .

The top priority this off season. A discussion with the coaching staff on how to utilize the talent its has been provided.

I cannot stomach how we are utilizing Galchenyuk

Galchenyuk is our Nathan MacKinnon....we have been waiting for a center for 20 years now.

I don't care that he might have the most points per minutes of icetime.....Stop dicking around with the kid

I cannot stomach how we are utilizing Galchenyuk

Galchenyuk is our Nathan MacKinnon....we have been waiting for a center for 20 years now.

I don't care that he might have the most points per minutes of icetime.....Stop dicking around with the kid

Yup. That is why my top priority is to axe MT.

beside signing subban and markov , what is our first priority ? getting a top 6 forward ( or keep vanek) or get a top 4 DM ? I would say get a DM .
I am pretty much disappointed from our D core , I know Ds takes time to develop but honestly outside of Subban and Markov all of our DMs are pretty much overrated

please discuss ..

Getting a forward.

Tinordi and Beaulieu will be in the top 6 soon enough.

Emelin will be a top 4 D, it takes 2 years to recover from the injury had.

Overall the top 6 winger is the bigger long term need.

Vanek is getting pretty involved with talking to the media.. and in imo likes the attention. He seems pretty emotional when we scored last night. He may pull a Kovy and stay here.

Back