• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Islanders 3/25 7:00

Ugh ... I'm breaking my Canes fast tonight. I haven't been to a game in the PNC since the last game before the Olympic break. Some of that was planned, some was just circumstances but I really did feel like a nice long break would do me a world of good in terms of my attitude towards this team.

I was wrong.

LOL.

Cam's solid performance streak ends at 1. Granted they played like crap the 7 minutes he was in there.

Hey 4-0 now through 11 minutes.

Hmm... I'm far from the most optimistic member of this board, but the Canes might still have a chance to pull this one out. A sweep of the Isles could be a bright spot on the train wreck the post-Olympic Canes team has been.

Chantelle probably should not stand too close to anson dorrance. Another fine representative of UNC-Dumpster Fire.

Ugly game. Faulk with the traditional JR long term contract response....-3. Eric Staal with another stellar game....-3. Cam Ward....nevermind. Honestly this team looks to be testing the waters without Eric Staal as he was down to under 16 minutes in this game. I wonder if reducing his playing time, moving him to wing, and placing him on 2nd line are all moves geared to making him more receptive to an off-season trade as he really controls his destiny with the NMC? Or it could just be a logical response to his play this year that was long overdue? Can't wait to see this mess blown up in off-season.

The start was unbelievable and the finish was all too predictable. But this just shows the lack of leadership on this team - and I mean that from the managers on down. Once we got within one, I thought I might see some sense of urgency, but it never came. The Canes should feel ashamed for what they do to their fans - who believe it or not, stayed in the arena until the very end.

Wow...I mean...just wow. :facepalm

It's hard to be a fan of a team that apparently just doesn't even care for itself.

Leaderless...collectively floating around and following the puck like some kind of a mite team...letting the opposition score at will from about a foot outside the crease without even a shove afterward. We are indeed the Candy Canes.

And I don't know how Eric Staal even looks at himself in the mirror. One-seventh of our entire salary budget going to him and he can't even be bothered to skate? Pushing off with the trailing foot instead of even picking up his feet in order to glide to a better viewing position for the next opposition goal? Sheesh, it's maddening to watch. Putting him on iso-cam is a lesson in what not to do playing hockey.

I'd strip him of the "C" if it was up to me. But, then, who else is even worthy of it if that were to happen? Might as well pin it on Muller's coat, as he's the closest thing to a Captain this team has right now.

No heart. No pride. No dinky-doo.

Going to take a lot to fix this mess...a lot. But nothing's changing if they can't even feel embarrassed over a non-performance like that.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about? That, was a masterful tank job. Keep up the good work boys. :)

And I don't know how Eric Staal even looks at himself in the mirror.

That 5th Islanders goal was a perfect example of why Eric Staal is earning his rep as a lazy player. The player he was checking basically left the boards and streaked toward the front of the goal to receive a perfect pass and score a goal. Eric? He hadn't even moved from the spot he was standing in while all of this was going on. Hey Eric....maybe next time it would be a good idea to not let the player you are responsible for rush to the front of the net completely unchallenged and unbothered by you the whole way.

Back