• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Your opinion about how we perform this year in PO?!!

Habs-25

Banned
I don't know I just have a good feeling and I guess we can surprise hockey's world this year . East is wild open and is up to us to take advantage . We are almost same team as last year in PO with addition of Brière, Vanek , Murray and Weaver . I believe we are better team overall compare to last year. sure Eller bouncing back sooner than later can be HUGE in playoff , having your 3th line pivot play decent hockey in playoff is huge . at the end it may come to goalies and I hope Price perform well during this year Playoff . I know he has been good in regular season but I want see him play better in playoff .

Knowing we will face most likely Tampa in first round, I don't think it will be as easy as some people think.Tampa play very tight and structure hockey and have great goaltending (also rookie in PO) . I guess once we passed Bolts , we will be able to beat Boston . I am just happy we don't face Flyers that early.It is obvious we struggle against them .

Go Habs Go

Comes down to Price. If he can be as solid as he has been all year, then we'll be fine. If he struggles, then we're toast. I don't think we should be setting up the Parade route, but we should expect to win our first round series against Tampa and easily hold our own against Boston.

I'd definitely feel more comfortable having both Moen and Prust back in the lineup if we make it to round 2. Not that they are the secret to us going far, but that physical element is definitely needed in the playoffs.

tampa and us are very evenly matched imo. not a physical team ... so if could possibly get by them we should be fairly healthy

tampa and us are very evenly matched imo. not a physical team ... so if could possibly get by them we should be fairly healthy

they are not physical but they play tight and we always struggle against these kind of styles .

I think it is dumb that we can be 4th in the conference and not have home ice.

My hope coming into the season, was the Habs would win 1-playoff round to allow some of the younger players to gain experience - they're in the position to do so, anything more is gravy.

IMO goaltending is way overemphasized in the playoffs, the games are too fast now for goalies to "win it by themselves" (i.e St.Patrick in MSG vs NYR in OT - 1986). Even dominant goalie performances nowadays are based on the goalie having a big/strong D, that limits opposition accessibility to rebounds, and shuts down chances from the paint, forcing chances from the circle out - re: Quick's performance during LA's Cup run.

Don't get me wrong the goalie can be the difference maker - I'm just not of the belief the goalie can carry the team on his back, like Hasek etc..

My hope coming into the season, was the Habs would win 1-playoff round to allow some of the younger players to gain experience - they're in the position to do so, anything more is gravy.

IMO goaltending is way overemphasized in the playoffs, the games are too fast now for goalies to "win it by themselves" (i.e St.Patrick in MSG vs NYR in OT - 1986). Even dominant goalie performances nowadays are based on the goalie having a big/strong D, that limits opposition accessibility to rebounds, and shuts down chances from the paint, forcing chances from the circle out - re: Quick's performance during LA's Cup run.

Don't get me wrong the goalie can be the difference maker - I'm just not of the belief the goalie can carry the team on his back, like Hasek etc..

I think that is fair...but a goalie needs to play well to even have a chance.

Can't wait to see the kids in the playoffs. I expect BG to have a huge playoff run, his kind of time.

doesn't matter how good your team is you need to get B + or more goal tending these days to win the cup . just look at Quick couple years a go , even Crawford was good last year

I'm sorry but we won't go far if we can't roll three decent lines.

At the moment we have one line getting the job done night in and night out offensively

The other lines have to find some chemistry

I'm sorry but we won't go far if we can't roll three decent lines.

At the moment we have one line getting the job done night in and night out offensively

The other lines have to find some chemistry

we have got scoring from all over lately
pleks, the 4th line, DD line

really just need the third line to figure it out

of course getting some goals from the point markov/subban helps as well

we have got scoring from all over lately
pleks, the 4th line, DD line

really just need the third line to figure it out

of course getting some goals from the point markov/subban helps as well

I can't stand the Briere- Gio-Bourque line

We all know that won't last and won't contribute

Fine...so let's say that MT feels comfortable with