• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

WHEN IS IT TIME FOR A COACHING CHANGE?

It looks like muller is here for another year, maybe.

But I heard chuck with the letter k on a radio interview today said staal the elder should be benched.

Also look to a home coming when the gm change is announced.

Staal should have been benched 30 games ago. Do it now and all you're accomplishing is making him less attractive to potential offseason trading partners.

Put it this way ... Chuck didn't say he shouldn't be benched, but he was more making the point that Staal 12 got only a little less than 16 minutes of icetime on Tuesday, which was obviously a response to his lackluster performance in the 1st period.

For my money the big mistake was putting Eric back at center. His guy blew by him on Tuesday so many times that I stopped noticing.

Put it this way ... Chuck didn't say he shouldn't be benched, but he was more making the point that Staal 12 got only a little less than 16 minutes of icetime on Tuesday, which was obviously a response to his lackluster performance in the 1st period.

For my money the big mistake was putting Eric back at center. His guy blew by him on Tuesday so many times that I stopped noticing.

Clarification ... Windy's friend got it half right. Adam Gold was the one promoting the idea of benching Staal 12. Chuck merely suggested that the only thing the coach can really control in that situation is the ice time.

Ya betcher ass I do! And Trotz hasn't shown either in Nashville. They've only scored enough to make the playoffs, what 2-3-4 times and than quickly out. And his teams sure haven't been entertaining.

Last edited:
Trotz is a hell of a coach, boring or not, but this club isn't built for him. We need somebody who can work with the group we're likely to end up with for next season ... whatever the heck that looks like when it's at home.

I like Torts just for the sole fact that he would hold these lazy arses to the fire...that would be fun to watch #12 and a few others actually have to work and be accountable! Sign me up for Torts if he gets canned in Vancouver!

I like Torts just for the sole fact that he would hold these lazy arses to the fire...that would be fun to watch #12 and a few others actually have to work and be accountable! Sign me up for Torts if he gets canned in Vancouver!

Same here... tho I'm not so fast to run Muller out, the writing may be on the wall.

And I'm thinking Torts' brand of crazy doesn't mesh all that well with GMRonnie (or JR), but it sure would be entertaining.

Keep hearing some rumors that Hitch may be on the hot seat if the blues lay an egg. I would take the mellow hitch who seems to exist today.

Given their history and that run in last year, if Barry Trotz somehow ends up our coach you can kiss Zack Boychuk goodbye for sure.

Please no to Barry Trotz. I want to see a fire and brimstone coach here. Not a "player's coach".

Ever see Trotz's teams loaf around out there like they don't really care? Me neither. I could care less how a coach goes about his business so long as he gets the job done. Not that I'm advocating for Barry Trotz. I just think it's silly to criticize a guy who's had a terrific record in the league given what he's had to work with over the years. That guy can flat out coach hockey.

Ever see Trotz's teams loaf around out there like they don't really care? Me neither. I could care less how a coach goes about his business so long as he gets the job done. Not that I'm advocating for Barry Trotz. I just think it's silly to criticize a guy who's had a terrific record in the league given what he's had to work with over the years. That guy can flat out coach hockey.

+1

Trotz is an excellent coach who gets the most out of the talent he's given. That's the bottom line for me.

+2

Trotz is an excellent coach who gets the most out of the talent he's given. That's the bottom line for me

+1

As far as Torts is concerned, I don't mind the fireworks and drama elsewhere, but don't want to see it here.

Back