• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

This Leafs collapse is beyond epic

Krustchev

This is beyond great, isn't it? I'm going to the game here on Friday and will actually be cheering for the Flyers to pound the final nail into their coffin. They even had a good West Coast trip. How did this happen? You guys in T.O. must be giddy about this. I don't even live there and I'm loving it - I know a bunch of born and bred Toronto Maple Leaf fans and they are beyond idiotic WHEN discussing the Habs.

Last edited:
Well defensively this team has been a disaster but often they pulled out victories due to some timely scoring and quality goaltending.

When either one of those is missing they can't play a defensive shell and pull through with some wins.

Habs haven't been scoring much this season but when push came to shove and we needed to avoid extended losing streaks we had quality netminding and Therrien was able to put a system in place that limited the oppositions offense.

a great example is the game vs Boston

This is beyond great, isn't it? I'm going to the game here on Friday and will actually be cheering for the Flyers to pound the final nail into their coffin. They even had a good West Coast trip. How did this happen? You guys in T.O. must be giddy about this. I don't even live there and I'm loving it - I know a bunch of born and bred Toronto Maple Leaf fans and they are beyond idiotic WHEN discussing the Habs.

Weirdest team on the planet. Not going to boast about their failures yet, cause they just might go 7-1 to finish the season and make it in. This team is just so unpredictable.

Well defensively this team has been a disaster but often they pulled out victories due to some timely scoring and quality goaltending.

When either one of those is missing they can't play a defensive shell and pull through with some wins.

Habs haven't been scoring much this season but when push came to shove and we needed to avoid extended losing streaks we had quality netminding and Therrien was able to put a system in place that limited the oppositions offense.

Rielly and Gardiner are two young D with oodles of talent. If they can get these 2 to play a bit more responsibly on D , that would help them a ton.

As a TO resident, I have mixed feelings. Obviously. I was hard wired at birth to cheer against the Leafs but it would have been epic to see the Habs kill the Leafs season during the 2nd round.

The morale on this board seemly bizarrely low for a team that may finish 3rd in the conference and will only get better.

Anyways, back to the #mightyleafs. If they had won 2 or possibly even just 1 of their last 6 games they would still be in good shape. However, they somehow have completely tanked.

Leaf fans are trying to get them excited for a 12 overall draft pick.

Last edited:
Weirdest team on the planet. Not going to boast about their failures yet, cause they just might go 7-1 to finish the season and make it in. This team is just so unpredictable.

No man. The law averages always work out. You've been one of the biggest supporters of the #mightyleafs this season, but it's time to face the facts.

They're a one line team with no D that doesn't play physical. Bern was the reason they stuck around this long.

According to odds makers they're at 24.6 percent to make the playoffs. This will be the 8th time in the last 9 years they will miss the playoffs.

The moral on this board seemly bizarrely low for a team that may finish 3rd in the conference and will only get better.

Anyways, back to the #mightyleafs. If they had won 2 or possibly even just 1 of their last 6 games they would still be in good shape. However, they somehow have completely tanked.

Nope.

The moral on this board seemly bizarrely low for a team that may finish 3rd in the conference and will only get better.

It's because many of us here are immoral. I think you meant "morale," right?

It's because many of us here are immoral. I think you meant "morale," right?

We are a largely immoral board.

The Leafs problem now will be running out of games. They now have to jump two teams to get in and have fewer games to play than the teams they have to jump over.

Back