• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Off Season thread

He doesn't hold himself out to be an expert. He is very self deprecating which is refreshing in the sea of arrogant dickheads that fill the hockey media.

He actually does have some good insight though, as unlike guys like Kipper and Ward he played. He has some great stories too.

Its hard not to be entertained by him and McLennan talking shit.

Yeah I don't listen to sports talk to learn things. I can use my own brain on forumice for that. The Leafs Lunch show is just entertaining. It's three idiot meat heads talking shit to each other. I view it as more of a comedy show. Plus, Jeff gets put in his place more than enough by the other two. That's always fun to listen to as well because it is always done in a comedic way.

Pretty much the only sports talk radio I can handle listening to is Dan Lebatard's show out of Miami.....he's one of the rare mainstream journalists that actually looks at the bigger topics in a genuinely logical manner and strips about the absurd nonsensical emotion based noise that surrounds most subjects in the sports news cycle.

Bomani Jones co-hosts once a week and is another guy who's always got a worthwhile take on things, again coming at them from an angle rarely discussed.

I haven't been able to listen to the junk radio that comes out of Toronto in eons.....it's virtually all complete and utter trash.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't listen to sports talk to learn things. I can use my own brain on forumice for that. The Leafs Lunch show is just entertaining. It's three idiot meat heads talking shit to each other. I view it as more of a comedy show. Plus, Jeff gets put in his place more than enough by the other two. That's always fun to listen to as well because it is always done in a comedic way.

I didn't say I listen to sports talk to learn things but if I wanted to hear someone whine about Phaneuf being a shitty captain because he didn't fight one time, I can ask my neighbour the next time I'm in the elevator. But whatever floats your boat.

THe thread has gone to the gutter.

Where are the rumors?!?!
Meh. What do you expect? Considering the team essentially stopped playing in March, it's been the ****ing off-season for more than five whole months now. There's not a whole lot more left to talk about until the team gets together for training camp and actually starts playing some games.

.8ppg centre

That's a lot of cake. Welcome to the new financial reality...oh, and the Phil Kessel contract is faptastic

It's pretty bizarre to think that almost exactly five years ago, the Boston Bruins traded away 21 year-old, 36 goal/60 point-scoring Phil Kessel because they didn't want to pay him the $5M per season he was asking for. Now they're paying ~20 goal/60 point David Krejci $7M+ per season.

Kreijci is a fantastic player. PPG is meaningless when you look at players that contribute beyond what the scoreboard shows.

That guy would be our best center by a mile.

We should get in on Ryan Johansen. Apparently they are 3 million apart on a 2 year deal.

Big bodied center we can use. Kessel situation all over. I'm not sure if i'd give up the same package we gave up for Kessel. If Columbus ends up with McDavid with our pick i would cry.

Not to challenge Kessel and the way he operates, but from an outsiders perspective he doesn't look to be in the best of shape.

Now he certainly has a different body type as compared to any other athlete, and i guess keep doing whats worked. I just hope he can remain healthy throughout his career. I don't want to call him fat, but calling him a ripped freak would be lying.

We need one more Kessel-level star player. Preferably at center. Maybe Kadri develops more. Maybe Nylander? Maybe a trade?

but from an outsiders perspective he doesn't look to be in the best of shape.

True, but the best ever looked like this:

gretzky.jpg
and Mario smoked a carton a week.

With that said, as Phil gets older, he'll probably have to take a longer, harder look at his training if he wants to be one of the guys who stays elite into his mid-late 30's

Back