• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Off Season thread

I would have a hard time believing that many of the guys who came via the NCAA route would be into that. Between drug testing and lack of money its just hard to maintain a habit but who knows.

coke's readily available, out of the blood by the next morning and out of the urine within 7-10 days (maybe less if it's used infrequently).

anyways, i heard some similar things through the brother of somebody who plays/played for the team.

If its a lot of players hard into the drug scene, then really I say get these ****ers off the team... it's for the best. Philly had it right several years ago when they got rid of 2 cancers in Richards/Carter, they were able to unburden those problems and are a better team now because of it, if (big) if the Leafs have a drug problem then time to get rid of the cancers on this team.

yeah, the twin tumours Richards and Carter both got to snort coke out of the Cup.

coke's readily available, out of the blood by the next morning and out of the urine within 7-10 days (maybe less if it's used infrequently).

anyways, i heard some similar things through the brother of somebody who plays/played for the team.

Depending on the testing threshold, coke is out of the urine within 3-4 days. It's a common, common issue in our industry. Guys who were weed smokers but didn't want to lose their job over a joint they smoked on their days off 2 weeks ago, pick up coke because 1) they've got the money for it & 2) if you've got a week off, you can go on a 3-4 day bender and piss clean on your 1st day back on site.

yeah, the twin tumours Richards and Carter both got to snort coke out of the Cup.

We talked about it around here at the time, but what an overblown load of shit that was in Philly. Laviolette's "dry island", treating millionaire professionals like children. Trade the two "problems", and they become core members of a perennial contender...well played, jackass.

Yeah I wouldn't take a "dry island" mandate too well either.

These are grown men, not junior players.

Coke may be out of your piss and blood relatively quick, but it stays in your hair for a real long time.

These guys are supposed to be professionals, having a life is one thing. Partying with regularity to the point that it becomes a team problem is not just adults being adults.

Richards and Carter likely don't party like they did in their early 20s. And even if they do they aren't the leaders of their team anymore.

If anyone here's partying showed up on their boss's radar that would be a problem too.

Last edited:
Partying should not affect performance. Only a problem if it does.

Very tricky to prove causality otherwise you could argue Reimer was the biggest coke head in the NHL down the stretch.

Richards' playing style is what is ending his career early imo. It isn't coke. Ryan Kesler is the same.(Not as bad, but will be soon).

Partying should not affect performance. Only a problem if it does.

Very tricky to prove causality otherwise you could argue Reimer was the biggest coke head in the NHL down the stretch.

If you're up doing rails until 8am then it does.

I don't buy it. Every team has alot of players with partying and coke.

Hell I can barely goto parties these days where the bathroom isn't occupied all night. These guys make millions, of course they party.

I went crazy in Montreal this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. Non-stop coke and whores. But I don't have to worry about playoff hockey.

Total hearsay, but a friend of a friend who has connections to the team has said that drug use was a big time problem for a number of leafs this year. Don't really believe it but it would explain a lot.

Rumors that begin with "my friend told" me are usually laughable lolllll

Back