• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: World Cup 2014 discussion

Habs-25

Banned
Can't wait for such an event .No European team ever won in south America .Brazil has a solid and well balanced squad, Germany young guns reaching maturity and are due to deliver . Argentina and Spain are dangerous as well .

Brazil should win as they are at home. Will Messi play like the best player in the world at the WC? As long as Italy, England or USA don't win, all is good.

Forza Italia!! Although I don't expect them to win. But as long as they go further than France, all will be well.

German_Flag__BrushedMetal_DFB__by_Freakadelle91.jpg

I still love the 1966 joke going around England. Does Germany think it can beat us at our national sport because we beat them at their's twice this century?

Let's look at the groups, one by one. Here is Group A:

Brazil
Croatia

Mexico
Cameroon

This might be a tricky little group for Brazil. Or maybe not. Mexico had a disastrous qualifying campaign and is lucky to be there. Croatia was rather tepid in qualifying (distant second to the impressive Belgians), and beat freakin' Iceland in the sudden-death playoff. And Cameroon has been erratic of late, beating out a so-so Tunisian side to reach the big dance.

But, they can all rise to the occasion and have fielded some pretty damn good teams in the past. These are hardened, professional teams. And this may well serve Brazil's interests, they could well get some useful first round games, take a punch in the mouth, and focus the mind for the remainder of the tournament.

Brazil to win the group, they are f@cking loaded with talent. It's not just they are at home, this is a really good team.

Not sure about second place, leaning towards the Croats. But one bad injury between then and now can really hurt a mid-level team, so it's a little silly to call it so soon. I reserve the right to change my mind. :smile(21):

Everyone knew Spain was gonna be good....Mexico has not done much to show the same development

The fact that people used to say Spain choked meant they were a decent team that didn't live up to expectations. Then they became an elite team,. I agree Mexico is not an elite team.

Mexico is typically very poor when away from home. In front to crowds in Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Los Angeles :)sarcasm) they sometime seem unbeatable.

Back