• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Uplifting dressing room speech...

BG

Feel free to add a line or two..

Boys.

After this stretch of games it may seem like our season is over. In fact, I'm sure many of you are wishing right now that we might be playing our last game of the season tonight. But let's not forget why we play these games - it's to prove something to ourselves, our team-mates; prove to our fans that when everything lines up, we can play-off with all of the other Stanley Cup dreamers. That with an opportune goal, or a timely save that this team can win it all.

We can still make a final push in the standings, signal to the league and our fans that we are not giving up. We haven't been playing our best hockey, but that doesn't mean we can't. We've had some great efforts the last two weeks, we just haven't seen the results. Now is the time to bear-down and convince the Hockey Gods to give us the bounces, give us the calls. Nobody owes us anything in this league, we need to earn our chances. Now go out there and show your opponents that we are not only their equals - but that we have enough spirit to push beyond.

Keep pushing!

Annnd finish 9th at best. The team winning anything right now won't change our minds. Same moves will need to be made. Go get the better pick

keep-calm-and-burn-the-boats-4.png

"I am Randy Carlyle. And I see a whole team of Maple Leafs,
here in defiance of odds! You have come to play as Maple Leafs. And
Maple Leafs you are! What will you do without the playoffs? Will you fight?"
"5 against 5?" -
A veteran shouts. "No! We take it easy - and get a good pick!"
"Yes!" Carlyle shouts back. "Take it easy and we might get a good pick, and you
will not get injured... at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our opponents that they may take our playoff lives but they will never take
our Maple Leaf!!!"

about 5 games to late for speech
right know speech more like is this
Hi guys, it was nice knowing you, will miss dearly you my darling Colton and sweetheart MacSelke

I heard today that Orr hasn't fought since early January. I knew it had been a while but didn't realize it had been that long. teams have obviously figured out that as long as they don't engage him that way they get to play 5 on 4 when he's on the ice.

If it were me I'd say this

"Think of these 5 games as your job audition for next season, those who play well and show they want to be here down the remainder will be offered a job, those who don't play well or play like they don't give two shits when you clean out your locker room for the season that will be your end of a career as a Toronto Maple Leaf"

"Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, hockey players from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest playoff push in the history of Hockey. Hockey, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our shitty defensive play any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 31st of March, and you will once again be fighting for the playoffs. Not from Blue Jackets, Red Wings, or Capitals, but from the mother ****ing Sens. We're fighting for our right to play playoff hockey, to exist and should we win the day, the 31st of March will no longer be known as the last day of March, but as the day when the Leafs organization declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our dying playoff chance !"

Yeah buddy

If it were me I'd say this

"Think of these 5 games as your job audition for next season, those who play well and show they want to be here down the remainder will be offered a job, those who don't play well or play like they don't give two shits when you clean out your locker room for the season that will be your end of a career as a Toronto Maple Leaf"
Wow. Ever think of getting into coaching? You'd be pretty good, quite frankly.

Back