• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Playoff Thread - Round 1 - Habs/Lightning

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
tampabay.gif
vs.jpg
montreal.gif

Might as well start the discussion as we know who the Habs are playing in round one. All that is left to determine is home ice advantage.

I like the Habs chances even with the loss of Chucky.

Lines I would try out are:

Pacioretty-DD-Vanek
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Briere-Gallagher
Weise-Eller-Prust/Moen/White

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

Give Briere his hence to prove he's a playoff performer before moving Eller up a line.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit early for this, but I'll bite. I want them to win the series but I'll be honest, I am a little worried.

Time break up that 1st line if they don't get their ass in gear soon.

We just need to watch tape of being the Pens/Caps from a few years ago. Stop Stamkos...timely scoring.

Price needs to be the better goalie in the series.

I don't like Habsy's 4th line-- automatic too many men on the ice penalty every time. I know our penalty kill is great but I'd take my chances playing 5 on 5.

I don't like Habsy's 4th line-- automatic too many men on the ice penalty every time. I know our penalty kill is great but I'd take my chances playing 5 on 5.

Don't worry, two of them will be injured at any one time.

No way does Bournival get in action on the 2nd line. Not a chance. Playoffs is for vets only. Hopefully we can find a solid 2nd/3rd line that click - whoever's with Pleks will be going up against Stamkos when we get the chance, so we need wingers with him that are responsible defensively.

Overall, I feel confident. Especially with Bishop hurt we should win it easily, however even if he's back I think we can still take them. As long as the top line keeps working, and we can find some secondary scoring, we'll be fine. 5-6 games.

I would like to see the following

Max DD Vanek
Bournival Pleks Gallagher
Bourque Eller Gio
Weiss Briere Prust

No way does Bournival get in action on the 2nd line. Not a chance. Playoffs is for vets only. Hopefully we can find a solid 2nd/3rd line that click - whoever's with Pleks will be going up against Stamkos when we get the chance, so we need wingers with him that are responsible defensively.

Overall, I feel confident. Especially with Bishop hurt we should win it easily, however even if he's back I think we can still take them. As long as the top line keeps working, and we can find some secondary scoring, we'll be fine. 5-6 games.

you obviously were not around in 1986 when we won with ten rookies in the lineup

Might as well start the discussion as we know who the Habs are playing in round one. All that is left to determine is home ice advantage.

I like the Habs chances even with the loss of Chucky.

Lines I would try out are:

Pacioretty-DD-Vanek
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Briere-Gallagher
Weise-Eller-Prust/Moen/White

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

Give Briere his hence to prove he's a playoff performer before moving Eller up a line.

like your lines but just too small in middle

Back