• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shanahan named President of Hockey Operations

Where did this rumour come out that Trotz was going to be given the coach and GM job? I think some of us jumped the gun tremendously on that unless it's written somewhere as a clear rumour

I hope to hell we don't bring him in here, he'd be another Randy Carlyle.... enough of these old school hard ass twats.

I'd like to see Trotz coach team Canada at the WC...see how he works with Rielly, Bozak, and Reimer.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Trotz coach teach Canada at the WC...see how he works with Rielly, Bozak, and Reimer.
Good point, and that might actually happen.

And, maybe getting familiar with Rielly and Bozak would help Toronto get Trotz too? Who knows.

The media relationship is a valid point. The media pressure is obviously higher on players than the coach, but coming from Nashville where nobody cares about hockey to a market like Toronto is still gonna be a shock to Trotz.

Where did this rumour come out that Trotz was going to be given the coach and GM job? I think some of us jumped the gun tremendously on that unless it's written somewhere as a clear rumour

Pretty sure Sensible just came up with that one on his own.

What about a guy like Jeff Blashill? I think he just won AHL Coach of the Year.

He could have that relationship through Detroit.

Looks like Shanahan's starting his fact-finding tour:

1QmkrmH.jpg

I did the Chateaubriand there, for like 60 if memory serves....

It would be nice if they updated the decor, but it's not terribly priced for a good steakhouse.

pretty sure it's the only upscale steakhouse in the city where you can get something over 6oz for under $40.

decor is dated, but it kind of makes it what it is.

and the feta on the baked potatoes = an idea thought of by zeus.

pretty sure it's the only upscale steakhouse in the city where you can get something over 6oz for under $40.

decor is dated, but it kind of makes it what it is.

and the feta on the baked potatoes = an idea thought of by zeus.

Oh yum.

try it. you'll never be as satisfied with any other cheese in a baked potato.

the saltiness and flavour of the feta also eliminates the need for bacon (=net health benefit)

Back