• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Leafs at Sens - battle of tank nations

James Mirtle @mirtle
Of note: Bernier and Reimer played nearly identical minutes after the Olympic break. Reimer had a .909 save percentage. Bernier .904.

That statistic doesn't do justice to the fact that Bernier had to come in while injured to play for a sieve that was falling under the pressure.

One sided stats like that need to be put in perspective. If Reimer played well, Bernier wouldn't have needed to come back and re-aggravatean injury.

Reimer played through a concussion, Bernie pussied out with a leg injury.

Jigga what..... are u talking about the concussion he substained 2 years ago, if so yea he played through it but he didnt play well either. Bernier played through a groin in injury which was painful but didnt fair well either.

Not sure what kind of point your trying to make here....

That statistic doesn't do justice to the fact that Bernier had to come in while injured to play for a sieve that was falling under the pressure.

One sided stats like that need to be put in perspective. If Reimer played well, Bernier wouldn't have needed to come back and re-aggravatean injury.

To be fair he didnt re-aggravate it, he had a groin injury that he came back too soon from... the 2nd injury was a result of a player falling on his leg... two different things lol.

Only Canadian team in the playoffs? I fully expect the upset fans to wish the Habs ill.

Well make it all the more sweeter should they win.

I would wish them ill if all 6 Canadian teams made the playoffs.

Has nothing to do with being upset, and everything to do with **** the Habs.

It doesn't really matter what the playoff situation is around the league, my priority in the playoffs is always the same every year. The first priority is the Leafs winning. After that, it's seeing Ottawa and Montreal getting knocked out as early as possible. Then after that, there are a few other teams that all things being equal, I'd like to see get knocked out as well (Boston, Vancouver, Detroit), but I don't really care much one way or the other.

It doesn't really matter what the playoff situation is around the league, my priority in the playoffs is always the same every year. The first priority is the Leafs winning. After that, it's seeing Ottawa and Montreal getting knocked out as early as possible. Then after that, there are a few other teams that all things being equal, I'd like to see get knocked out as well (Boston, Vancouver, Detroit), but I don't really care much one way or the other.
This. I'm in precisely the same boat.

I pretty much agree, except vancouver unquestionably belongs in the first list (happily not this year though, and hopefully forevermore).

He's not making any point. He's just a Reimer fan boy defending his boy.

At least in this one game, Reimer deserves to be defended. Could have been 8-0 the way the rest of the team played in front of him.
Bolland's a UFA this summer. With all the games he's missed, and with the albatross contract Nonis signed for Clarkson, he's not worth trying to sign for the $5M he's likely expecting.
Anyone catch our captain's comments to the press after the game? He's lost the room too. We need a new Captain. Sorry, Dion. You may be a great defensemen, but you suck as a Captain.
Nuke this org. Can't wait for Carlyle's firing.

So we've got that Shanny presser tomorrow. Have a feeling it's gonna be full of awful cliches that are gonna really annoy me.

Back