• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

The NHL should look at that and give him 10 games.

They should, but they won't. Boston is the NHL's goldenchild for ratings, the further they go in the playoffs the more $$$$ it makes the league, if one of their better players is suspended that harms Boston's shot at the cup which means potentially far less revenue money for the league, no way does the league hurt Boston, remember the saying "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"? it applies here.

Lucic at best gets a hearing and a verbal warning from the league to keep it clean, and at worst complete avoidance.

Besides we have seen all kinds of blatant attempts to injure, most result in anything from a fine to a 5 game ban. The ONLY time a double digit suspension was handed out was to Thornton (a 4th line scrub) for mauling Orpik from behind, everything else doesn't even come close.

Then they should look the other way when somebody finally Shroud of Turin faceplants that ******* into the end boards.

I doubt it, remember the League is out to protect its own ass first and foremost, they don't give two ****s about the players as humans, just as players that can make them some cash. Will they look the other way? Doubtful.

Call me crazy but I think Lucic will get a game suspension (maybe more). The incident is just too obvious, and comes too soon after his Emelin spear.

Call me crazy but I think Lucic will get a game suspension (maybe more). The incident is just too obvious, and comes too soon after his Emelin spear.

STFU... you're crazy!!

Or perhaps Quintal is still a Hab at heart and hates that douchebag as much as everyone else.

The Lucic clip has gone viral. The NHL will look bush league if it doesn't do anything.

The Lucic clip has gone viral. The NHL will look bush league if it doesn't do anything.

I think he gets a hearing in order to shut everyone up and make it look like the NHL gives a shit about player safety, but in reality all he'll get is a verbal warning, I will be shocked if anything more comes of it.

Most questionable hits go viral, hell the Lucic on JVR hit last year went viral after Game 7 and did the league do anything about it? Nope!

This year is different. Balls and integrity are big during these playoffs.

10.gif

Tough break for Stars-- Gonchar gets slashed, stick breaks, no call, ducks score a shortie

Back