• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

I've seen four good goals called back against the Habs in the past year and a bit. Good goals scored at critical times. Damn right I'm going to complain.

Silfverberg vs. MTL last season (regular season)
Smith vs. MTL (this season)
Tampa player...can't remember the name (this season)
Killorn vs. MTL (playoffs).

What cock are these refs gobbling?

What did you think about all the goals that the Habs have had disallowed this year? You know... considerably more than any other team in the league.

You didn't seem to have an issue with the kicked in goal by Zibanejad last year in the playoffs.

He's getting up and out of the crease and contact is made. Ran into him or not doesn't matter. Call the play dead at that point.

Don't let it continue then waive off a good goal that wasn't impacted by any contact whatsoever.

So you wanna make up different rules? That's fine... but as it stands, no matter how much you and I think it's a stupid rule... the call was correct.

This I agree with.

My argument was, if Killorn impeded Price enough, which he did knock him off balance (thanks to Price), then he should have blown the whistle for either a penalty on Killorn or incidental contact.

However, rule 69.3 is there for just these circumstances, when the ref does not blow it down.

There's no need to blow the play dead if the puck doesn't go in though. It's like kicking the puck... you can do it, but if the puck goes in then there's no goal. No need to blow it dead if t doesn't go in.

What did you think about all the goals that the Habs have had disallowed this year? You know... considerably more than any other team in the league.

You didn't seem to have an issue with the kicked in goal by Zibanejad last year in the playoffs.

We had 19 called back, including two in one game

He is so stupid he won't even admit the rule is the rule.

He thinks a guy can stand at the goal line and still have goals be allowed.

Think Sens fans will ever figure out that the Leafs colluded with the Habs by injuring Bishop just to piss them off?

Because it wasn't kicked in, it was re-directed in which is allowed. And is consistently allowed.

What about the Tampa goal in game 4 where the player pushed Price into the net with his stick? Price clearly had not covered the puck, but you're not allowed to push the goalie out of the way while he's in the crease. To me, that goal should not have counted.

There's no need to blow the play dead if the puck doesn't go in though. It's like kicking the puck... you can do it, but if the puck goes in then there's no goal. No need to blow it dead if t doesn't go in.
That play didn't lead to the goal though. Contact with Price had virtually no impact on the goal. The play kept going, Price got up and let in a goal.

What about the Tampa goal in game 4 where the player pushed Price into the net with his stick? Price clearly had not covered the puck, but you're not allowed to push the goalie out of the way while he's in the crease. To me, that goal should not have counted.
I don't disagree - but the argument was that he got pushed in by his own player as they all dove for the puck.

It impeded him from getting to his right faster. He was not allowed to reset.

You can argue all you want, the rule was applied properly. What needs to be done is the rule needs revisiting.

This is stupid, the Habs didn't sweep the Lightning primarily because a few calls went their way.

The refs had a minimal role in the outcome of this series.

This is stupid, the Habs didn't sweep the Lightning primarily because a few calls went their way.

The refs had a minimal role in the outcome of this series.
No one said that. I already said that I had the Habs to win the series...I just can't stand seeing these disallowed goals coming on legitimate opportunities.

There was virtually no impeding of Price on any of those goals I listed. No more than what normally happens in any game.

That play didn't lead to the goal though. Contact with Price had virtually no impact on the goal. The play kept going, Price got up and let in a goal.

Are you being for real? Or are you intentionally trying to look clueless?

You said the play should have been blown dead after the contact... I said it shouldn't have been cause there's no need if the puck doesn't go in the net. Once Price is able to re-establish his position then it's game on.

Like a hand pass, high stick, delayed offside... you don't just blow it dead unless it's necessary.

No one said that. I already said that I had the Habs to win the series...I just can't stand seeing these disallowed goals coming on legitimate opportunities.

There was virtually no impeding of Price on any of those goals I listed. No more than what normally happens in any game.

Virtually? Is that the rule? Plenty of contact is missed but don't act like the only goals disallowed are against the Habs... especially when the Habs had the most disallowed goals in the league.

Are you being for real? Or are you intentionally trying to look clueless?

You said the play should have been blown dead after the contact... I said it shouldn't have been cause there's no need if the puck doesn't go in the net. Once Price is able to re-establish his position then it's game on.

Like a hand pass, high stick, delayed offside... you don't just blow it dead unless it's necessary.
If there is goalie interference then blow it dead. Or even give the guy a interference call.

Just don't let the play continue and waive off a good goal.

Back