• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Gale Force ... You're On the Clock ... Post Season Changes Thread

So when is JR supposed to make the announcement that he's stepping down, and when will they unveil his replacement? I know it's not something that's highly urgent, but I wouldn't want to wait until few days before the draft.

Yeah ... I think you just have to wait until all the year end stuff is done and they have the replacement GM all worked out. You may as well kill both birds at the same time so you don't have to endure a bunch of idle speculation. I think it will get sorted sooner rather than later, unless Francis is balking at taking the GM job.

The one thing becoming painfully clear based on all the rumors on trades, coaches and GM combined with all the mixed messages and excuses coming from the owner, coaches and players is this organization has absolutely NO current direction and leadership. This is an organization in disarray that needs a major retooling from top to bottom.

The one thing becoming painfully clear based on all the rumors on trades, coaches and GM combined with all the mixed messages and excuses coming from the owner, coaches and players is this organization has absolutely NO current direction and leadership. This is an organization in disarray that needs a major retooling from top to bottom.

I agree-- it's like they've hunkered down and are waiting for the barrage rather than facing it head on. The wagons are circled on Edwards Mill and they just keep driving in circles.

Muller with Adam Gold on 99.9FM this afternoon.

Worth a listen (17+ minutes).

Wow. Just wow. More out of touchitude. Muller at least acknowledged the disappointment and the inability to play up the standards needed, but he also sounds like it was just one of things. The more I heard out of Edwards Mill Rd since the season ended the more convinced I've become that the whole bunch is either clueless or delusional. Burn it down ... start over.

I do not care for this revisionist history approach the org to a person seems to have adopted that injuries doomed the season.

Ask Detroit about injuries. And Justin Peters carried this team through the no-goalie portion of the season.

They must think we're total idiots. But we all know the low-effort games that actually caused them to miss the playoffs yet again. Because most of them occured right in front of us in our own home arena.

I'm not liking this attempt at spin control one bit. No blame being accepted anywhere.

Because there is nothing, NOTHING, coming out of Edwards Mill, we are going to get more of the same-- same philosophy, same inconsistency, same unwillingness to make necessary changes. It might not be JR at the helm, but it will be just a re-shuffling of what's already in the system. If they were looking at making any real changes, someone somewhere would be leaking who, in the external hockey community, is on the radar. SSDD....

Coach Kirk said he did everything possible to get the canes going, especially the first period blues. He tried no morning skate, morning skate, running three lines, running 4 lines, everything and nothing worked, so it isn't his fault the team falter4ed int he first periods. And it wasn't his fault the pp was useless as he couldn't work on it during training camp because of all the injuries. And it wasn't his fault the defense sucked and it wasn't his fault the offense sucked. Those injuries really piled up and hurt. And Peters, my God, he cost us the season. Both goalies went down at the same time and Skinner was injured and poof there went the season. He was asked about Peters record and back tracked a little.

Actually, I don't expect them to say much different, find an excuse that points to a particular player and injuries.
'It ain't my fault'.
'But, we're running for the cup next year so get those season tickets before they're all gone. you don't want to miss a second of the action'.

I know it is early, but the stuff spewing from the mouths of organizational reps is making me more and more comfortable with my decision to drop by tickets

I would love for someone in this organization to stand up and hold the players accountable. This better be happening behind closed doors between management and the players because the bulk of what ails this team is on the players and their inconsistant efforts.

Its unacceptable to blame injuries and just shrug shoulders about the PP, the 1st period 'can't get going' mystery, the crap play at home, etc. What is the plan?!?!? Everyone just sits there saying it was all because of injuries and just marches on with the same crap again next year hoping that all of these same players and coaches can figure it out next season? SOMETHING needs to be changed, and minor tweaks isn't going to get it done. We still have a very weak D, an inconsistant underachieving offense, a very highly paid #2 goalie, a PP that has sucked forever. But yet we are real close and the system works but we need to be healthy in training camp and not suffer any injuries?

Has everyone in the front office and Kirk Muller lost their minds? You better have some major change to sell in the offseason folks!

It's the freakin' talking points coming out of Edwards Mill. I would love for DeCock to write another column on the Hurricanes calling out (or substantiating) the claims and propoganda. But once again, the org's MO is to focus on isolated bits-- one season versus a pattern (5 seasons) of failure; goaltending woes this season when we've watched Ellis and Cam both go down last season too and didn't hear the same bull; Skinner has had injuries before, but not part of the post-season patter until now...What we have is a team that was poorly constructed with little depth. We have a inadequate farm system and struggle to develop players. We have issues drafting. The contracts offered players are heavy. A coach that is has identified a myriad of reasons for this team struggling, yet can find no solution.

Anyone else want to add to the list?

Just imagine the canes playing a series against the blue jackets.
A totally unprepared group of players in all facets.

It's the freakin' talking points coming out of Edwards Mill. I would love for DeCock to write another column on the Hurricanes calling out (or substantiating) the claims and propoganda. But once again, the org's MO is to focus on isolated bits-- one season versus a pattern (5 seasons) of failure; goaltending woes this season when we've watched Ellis and Cam both go down last season too and didn't hear the same bull; Skinner has had injuries before, but not part of the post-season patter until now...What we have is a team that was poorly constructed with little depth. We have a inadequate farm system and struggle to develop players. We have issues drafting. The contracts offered players are heavy. A coach that is has identified a myriad of reasons for this team struggling, yet can find no solution.

Anyone else want to add to the list?
you had me at "little depth".

although some of this is the same crap that others are spewing. They're can't be any doubt that in pro sports today, the coach does not have much of a chance if the leadership in the locker room is sub-par. As my old baseball coach used to say, "you can't coach effort and drive". Same way in my work life. I would rather hire somebody that you have to dial back a bit than try to motivate somebody that has less than enough personal drive.

Coach Kirk said he did everything possible to get the canes going, especially the first period blues. He tried no morning skate, morning skate, running three lines, running 4 lines, everything and nothing worked, so it isn't his fault the team falter4ed int he first periods. And it wasn't his fault the pp was useless as he couldn't work on it during training camp because of all the injuries. And it wasn't his fault the defense sucked and it wasn't his fault the offense sucked. Those injuries really piled up and hurt. And Peters, my God, he cost us the season. Both goalies went down at the same time and Skinner was injured and poof there went the season. He was asked about Peters record and back tracked a little.

Actually, I don't expect them to say much different, find an excuse that points to a particular player and injuries.
'It ain't my fault'.
'But, we're running for the cup next year so get those season tickets before they're all gone. you don't want to miss a second of the action'.

They must think we're total idiots. But we all know the low-effort games that actually caused them to miss the playoffs yet again. Because most of them occured right in front of us in our own home arena.

I'm not liking this attempt at spin control one bit. No blame being accepted anywhere.

This may in fact be what they actually believe...that they can get away with this type of delusional spin in this "non-traditional" market. I can actually picture PK and JR and the rest of the Country Club gang actually sitting around a table and agreeing on the "injury bug biting" as the main excuse followed by the PP.

It's never about being accountable, it's never about results, it's always about excuses and a spin job to take the accountability away from the actual leadership of this team and this organization.

Back