• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NBA Playoffs - Around the League

Re: GDT: Nets @ Raptors - Game 1 - Round 1

Sorry guys, I don't care about basketball, but because of Teletovic I wouldn't mind the Nets moving on.

Sorry guys, I don't care about basketball, but because of Teletovic I wouldn't mind the Nets moving on.

you suck!

I want Teletovic to score the most points and then for Nets to lose. lol

I don't care for those old Nets guys who already had their chance to win.

I think that Raptors' inexperience is going to be the biggest difference here.

They were taking so many dumb shots..Why they weren't driving to the hoop more and making the old, slow guys chase them..no clue.

That is how you win a game gentlemen. Toy with your opponent then take away all hope.

Was a fun game.

I'm a bartender/server, not a janitor, dumbass. The fact that you think it's an insult to attack the humanity and work ethic of all of the immigrants that work at the ACC and work extremely hard at their jobs (I've talked to them all because I'm not a classist prick and they're genuinely great people) for their families because you consider their jobs beneath you, says it all.

Janitors have more transferable skills than bartenders do when it comes to further career moves or even just day to day life.

Chris-Griffin-awkward.gif

Janitors have more transferable skills than bartenders do when it comes to further career moves or even just day to day life.

The tremendous awkwardness aside, this is complete bullshit. A good bartender, and the social skills that one learns and enhances through the constant social dealings with people can teach you to read people in a way that makes tons of sales and business side vocations much, much easier in the future.

Social skills are some of the most important, and obviously transferable skills that anyone can learn anywhere.

good bartenders can build a substantial network for future career moves. Also much more upward movement into the service industry than you have as a janitor.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Plus... for getting laid Bartending >>>>>>>>>>>Janitor.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Plus... for getting laid Bartending >>>>>>>>>>>Janitor.

Most janitors know how to fix random, but useful things like toilets, sinks, water heaters and various other pipes. All good transferable skills into the trades and various real world situations.

Clearly being a bartender in your early 20's is amazing, but a bartender (that doesn't own the bar) that is any older than that is just sad.

good bartenders can build a substantial network for future career moves. Also much more upward movement into the service industry than you have as a janitor.

If you're bartending while in school sure. Bartending in your late 20 or 30's is just lame.

I guess we can't all be super-cool dudes sucking on the government teat in a do-nothing job.

Most janitors know how to fix random, but useful things like toilets, sinks, water heaters and various other pipes. All good transferable skills into the trades and various real world situations.

Clearly being a bartender in your early 20's is amazing, but a bartender (that doesn't own the bar) that is any older than that is just sad.

You clearly, clearly under value the "soft" people skills that are absolutely essential to success. There are hundreds of thousands of people on north america that make great careers our of those skills. Every sales professional, every successful people manager, etc, etc...all need the type of people skills that are learned behind the bar. All of that of course ignores that a decent bar tender in a fairly busy bar will easily gross 50K a year, and by itself, until you get sick of it, is a solid job.

You clearly, clearly under value the "soft" people skills that are absolutely essential to success. There are hundreds of thousands of people on north america that make great careers our of those skills. Every sales professional, every successful people manager, etc, etc...all need the type of people skills that are learned behind the bar. All of that of course ignores that a decent bar tender in a fairly busy bar will easily gross 50K a year, and by itself, until you get sick of it, is a solid job.

Hell, without decent social skills you can't get a job in a saw mill. You have to pass the interview.

Most janitors know how to fix random, but useful things like toilets, sinks, water heaters and various other pipes.

You can't make this claim for all janitors. Some don't have any more experience beyond cleaning a toilet or mopping a floor.

You do realize that many places won't even hire a bartender unless they're of a more mature age? Most reputable places at least. In your early twenties you're far more likely to be working expo, serving, or doing bar back than solely bartending duties.

It might sound strange to someone as out of touch as you, but you have to earn a bartending role in a many establishments.

Back