• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NBA Playoffs - Around the League

Re: GDT: Nets @ Raptors - Game 1 - Round 1

I don't even know how Pierce is sinking these. That last one looked like it was nowhere near a good shot. His angle and shot mechanics are shit yet it's going in.

not one foul call on the nets in the 4th quarter.

heh, Jack calling out the refs. Nets haven't committed a foul in the fourth

I shudder to think about what the officiating will be like in Jersey

1428ydl.png

fack that's a big, big loss.

thing is I don't think the Nets can play much better than that, but we can.

fack that's a big, big loss.

thing is I don't think the Nets can play much better than that, but we can.

yeah, this. Even with shutdown defence from the Nets, forcing a ton of turnovers, keeping Demar quiet, the Raps still hung around.

in the end it was that first quarter 12-0 run that killed us. we played catchup the whole game and never could get over the hump.

JV and DeRo looked like they used up all their energy in the first quarter. Lowry was frantic all game long.

Hopefully, they got these playoff jitters out of the way.

BTW, what planet is the commissioner from?

That no call on the clear Pierce travel blew me away. Basketball is a much easier game to play when the refs are in the tank for you.

I don't think that we necessarily deserved to win that game, but it's pretty clear that with even up officiating in the 4th Q alone, just the 4th Q, we might have despite not deserving it.

Showed Up: Val, Lowry, Vazquez, PPat
Disappeared: DD, Amir, Ross, Hansbro, Salmons, anyone else

Showed Up: JJ, Pierce, Williams, Livingston, Blatche
Disappeared: KG, Plumlee, Teletovic, Anderson, Thornton, anyone else

we needed one more guy to show up.

Brooklyn played a smart game...but every time I try to get back into basketball the reffing loses me again. I do not think there is another professional sport where such obvious bias is allowed.
Makes me sick.

Raps still need to play better, smarter, and this first game can be just chalked up to nerves and inexperience, but how the **** do you beat the refs?

Drake is such a nice host.

BlmnOEjCYAAXiIi.jpg

Brooklyn played a smart game...but every time I try to get back into basketball the reffing loses me again. I do not think there is another professional sport where such obvious bias is allowed.
Makes me sick.

Raps still need to play better, smarter, and this first game can be just chalked up to nerves and inexperience, but how the **** do you beat the refs?

As huge a fan as I obviously am, yeah, I stopped following the league for a few years because I was tired of the rampantly shit (corrupt??) officiating.

Showed Up: Val, Lowry, Vazquez, PPat
Disappeared: DD, Amir, Ross, Hansbro, Salmons, anyone else

Showed Up: JJ, Pierce, Williams, Livingston, Blatche
Disappeared: KG, Plumlee, Teletovic, Anderson, Thornton, anyone else

we needed one more guy to show up.

May take some of the kids a game or two to figure out what it takes in the playoffs. I expect Demar to step it up in game 2. And Lowry will get in the Nets heads. If Amir can go back to being Amir, we should be able to absolutely dominate the Nets down low, which would go a long way to neutralizing their perimeter defence.

Back