• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NBA Playoffs - Around the League

Re: GDT: Nets @ Raptors - Game 1 - Round 1

Heat Fans, Sens Fans, same thing...except one team gets real championship banners.

Bosh won't be retained. The Heat will reup James. Ownership already said they'll pay whatever luxury tax comes along with it.

As for Wade, it doesn't matter. Reup James and you'll lure other top UFA. Miami is a desirable destination in the NBA.

I'd gladly take Chris Bosh as a 4 to play with Jonas. Trouble is his being used for extended minutes at the 5. No way he can play that position, but being a 4 that can step out and hit the 3 --like he did last night going 4/5 and 2/4 in game 1-- is tremendously valuable.

You can have Bosh. Overpaid and overrated. Yeah he hits a three here and there but so do other players.

Want actual mean mother ****ers. Bosh is a pansy ass pussy. **** him. Especially at the salary he will want (assuming he opts out of current deal).

Bosh has become a much, much better interior defender. Always was a plus rebounder. He just can't be your #1 guy on a contender. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him at anything remotely close to what he makes now, but for something more on par with what he is now. But dude is still a 19-20 PER starting level PF. Funny thing is, Val was the C we needed beside his fruity ass back in the day.

Bosh would be what our 3rd or 4th best starter if he came back? Lowry, Derozen Bosh/Val, then Ross

Yeah, Bosh and Carter on this current team makes us better than Miami. Hell, you could start Vince and put Terrence on the bench....Can you imagine the pick and pop action?

I'm not a huge fan of Bosh, but beside an actual center? It would make Val's life so much easier. Bosh is the perfect weak side shot-blocker and the perimeter scorer he needs for space in the paint. Carter would provide the savvy play making Demar can't (although he has improved tremendously). Can you imagine Ross, Demar and Carter on the floor at all times--expect delays....too many flights!!

It is unlikely to happen, but man, the possibility is intriguing. The thing is, we have probably burnt our bridges with him. Vince has already had the mea culpa interviews and the forgiveness pre-determined--but Bosh has nothing of the kind. If we beat the Nets and Miami gets bounced, the opportunity becomes more pronounced.

Bosh would be what our 3rd or 4th best starter if he came back? Lowry, Derozen Bosh/Val, then Ross

and as long as he was paid like that, I have no qualms with it. He's the 3rd best starter on a dynasty.

So, are talking like 12, 13 million type of money? I'd bet he'd need 15-16 to consider coming back.

Bosh is in all likelihood going to be chasing the $$$ this offseason. If Lebron bolts(i dont see), Bosh could be getting a nice paycheque somewhere.

So, are talking like 12, 13 million type of money? I'd bet he'd need 15-16 to consider coming back.

Under the new CBA he won't get close to 15-16. A better PF in Al Jefferson signed for 13 million last year, and that was before the full extent of the new CBA has been felt by teams. Wait until a few teams get heavy luxury tax penalties without the corresponding playoff revenue to off set it.

I know there's a lot of "what did we even have a lockout out for" sentiment when we look at NHL contracts, but long gone are the days of Bobby Holik and Guerin, etc getting 8-9 million per. We're over a decade beyond that point and in a lot of ways, NHL salaries haven't gone back to their previous level of ridiculousness (especially when you take inflation into account). We've just seen a similar paradigm shift in the way that the NBA does business (which is why a club like the Bucks...the ****ing Bucks, just sold for 550 million dollars) that will keep contract costs down significantly. A guy like Bosh will be lucky if he sees a 3 year, 30 million dollar offer from anyone when his current deal expires.

Bosh is in all likelihood going to be chasing the $$$ this offseason. If Lebron bolts(i dont see), Bosh could be getting a nice paycheque somewhere.

Bosh isn't opting out of a 19 million dollar contract

Under the new CBA he won't get close to 15-16. A better PF in Al Jefferson signed for 13 million last year, and that was before the full extent of the new CBA has been felt by teams. Wait until a few teams get heavy luxury tax penalties without the corresponding playoff revenue to off set it.

I know there's a lot of "what did we even have a lockout out for" sentiment when we look at NHL contracts, but long gone are the days of Bobby Holik and Guerin, etc getting 8-9 million per. We're over a decade beyond that point and in a lot of ways, NHL salaries haven't gone back to their previous level of ridiculousness (especially when you take inflation into account). We've just seen a similar paradigm shift in the way that the NBA does business (which is why a club like the Bucks...the ****ing Bucks, just sold for 550 million dollars) that will keep contract costs down significantly. A guy like Bosh will be lucky if he sees a 3 year, 30 million dollar offer from anyone when his current deal expires.

Good point. Let's hope so. At any rate Masai is not one to overpay--which is why I'm not worried about the Lowry contract.

Any objections if I change this thread title to OT: NBA Playoffs to discuss other games? Habs fans don't seem to want to talk BBall.

Anyone planning on watching the Heat game tonight?

I can't believe the bullshit schedule of their first round.

Sunday, off two days, Wednesday, off two days, now game 3.

Such BS.

Back