• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NBA Playoffs - Around the League

Deckie007

Saturday, April 19 @ 1230PM - TSN

HTS-NBA-TOR-A1995-02.jpg

VS

brooklyn-nets-logo.jpeg

---

USATSI_7666211_154224518_lowres.jpg

VS​

jay-z-will-make-millions-despite-owning-less-than-one-percent-of-the-brooklyn-nets.jpg

I know this is a Leafs board, but we got tonnes of Raptors fans here, and I know we're all excited to see playoff basketball for the first time in 7 seasons. We deserve a GDT for supporting this mostly gawd awful team for the past 19 years. This year's edition is really a team to be proud of, however. These Raptors play great defense, efficient offense, and never seem to give up. Although still fairly young, there is some strong leadership on this team with Kyle Lowry willing this team to countless wins during the season. For the first time in our history, we have a coaching edge in the playoffs with Coach Casey vs Spilly Talker Ason Kidd.

The last time the Raptors were in the playoffs, no one had heard of Justin Bieber. The last time the Raptors were in the playoffs, Twitter was less than a year old, and not a thing. The last time the Raptors were in the playoffs, Chris Bosh was our best player and our 2nd leading playoff scorer was.....Jason Kapono.

Enough history, go Raps!

rasho.jpg

Last edited:
Re: GDT: Nets @ Raptors - Game 1 - Round 1

[video=youtube;RubBzkZzpUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA[/video]

Pretty excited for this. I haven't been this excited about a raptors game since the good ol' days.

Hard not to like the youth and coaching advantage that the Raptors have over the old man Nets. They say that experience wins in the playoffs but I dispute that. Talent and effective coaching wins in the playoffs and the Raptors have edges over Brooklyn in both areas.

DeMar and Lowry are going to put up dominant showings in this series and I agree with your Raptors in six prediction. Let's take this boys!

animation-gifs-rapper-rick-ross-famous-man-drake.gif

I realized how excited I was when I was freaking out on the plane coming in from Calgary last night because I thought the game was last night.....the whole plane trip with no cell or internet service, I'm losing my shit...frantically pulling up the TSN app as soon as I hit the ground and realizing that I'm a moron.

Good times.

Go mutha****ing Raptors, go.

I'm pulling for the Raptors because I'd like to see a series between them and the Heat.

Raptors playoff experience will grow parabolically after 2 quarters. F U Kidd.

10.gif

I realized how excited I was when I was freaking out on the plane coming in from Calgary last night because I thought the game was last night.....the whole plane trip with no cell or internet service, I'm losing my shit...frantically pulling up the TSN app as soon as I hit the ground and realizing that I'm a moron.

Good times.

Go mutha****ing Raptors, go.

No internet service? What airline were you flying?

i'd let val just go straight at garnett. val has the size to push him around. show that ******* that anything is possible.

Garnett is so toast. Him suddenly turning it on these playoffs was a bit of a worry, but he looks fricken awful.

plumlee actually causes problems for us, though.

Back