• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 1 | Tampa Bay vs. Montréal | Apr. 20/14 | Game 3

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

header-en_zps80c909ba.jpg

extralarge.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
2013-14 Playoff Record:
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

large.png

0-2

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

2-0

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Projected Goalies For This Game Are:
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Lightning

LindbackTBLMask_zpsd441f1d0.jpg

#39 Anders Lindback
GPI: 2
Wins: 0
Loses: 2
OTL: -
SO: 0
GAA: 3.70
Save%: .881

Montréal

PriceMask2013_zps68c89ab8.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 2
Wins: 2
Loses: 0
OTL: -
SO: 0
GAA: 2.18
Save%: .904

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Lightning Player Roster
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Link

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Canadiens Player Roster
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Link

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
canadiens_lines.jpg
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (20)Thomas Vanek
(8)Brandon Prust - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(17)Rene Bourque - (81)Lars Eller - (21)Brian Gionta
(49)Michael Bournival - (48)Daniel Brière - (22)Dale Weise

defencemen.gif

(26)Josh Gorges - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(43)Mike Weaver - (55)Francis Bouillon

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(30)Peter Budaj

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Montréal Leads Best Of 7 Series 2-0
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Game 1:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png
4 (OT)

Game 2:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Lightning
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

(11)Tom Pyatt

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Former Lightning Now Playing For The Canadiens
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

None

10155447_10152362420736271_1658482725218204793_n_zps818f20e1.jpg

Bourque17Tb2_zpseed6b1f6.jpg

Prust8Tb_zps77acf28c.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
cbclogo_zps388576d1.gif
SUN.jpg
&
CNBC_zps50312ec6.jpg

Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Last edited:
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013030123

Canadiens not taking foot off pedal with 2-0 lead

By Brian Hunter

LIGHTNING at CANADIENS

(Montreal leads best-of-7 series, 2-0)

TV: NBCSN, CBC, RDS, SUN

Big story: Two big storylines coming into the series, the edge in Stanley Cup Playoff experience for the Montreal Canadiens and the absence of Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop, have played out over the first two games, which Montreal won in Tampa Bay to take command of the series. Lightning backup Anders Lindback has given up eight goals on 67 shots and was pulled in the third period of Game 2 in favor of Latvian rookie Kristers Gudlevskis in what coach Jon Cooper said was simply a move to spark the team.

Despite being 49-5 all-time in series in which it has held a 2-0 lead, Montreal has lost three of the past four. The most recent instance was in 2011, when they lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins in seven games.

Team Scope:

Lightning: Cooper sounded inclined to stick with Lindback rather than give Gudlevskis, who had one start at the end of the regular season, his first playoff start in what promises to be a raucous Bell Centre on Sunday. Lindback has played well at points in the series, but Tampa Bay has been outshot 70-52 to this point and didn't make life very difficult for Canadiens goalie Carey Price in Game 2.

The Lightning hope rookie forward Ondrej Palat will be back in the lineup after leaving the opener in the third period and sitting out Friday. He skated for 45 minutes Saturday and a decision on his availability will be made Sunday. The players held a closed-door meeting following Game 2 to talk about the need to play with more focus and passion in Montreal.

"The leaders took charge of the team," rookie forward Cedric Paquette said Saturday. "They just closed the doors and talked about what wasn't going well and what we needed to do. It's good not to wait for the coach to tell us what we need to do all the time."

Canadiens: Perhaps the biggest task now for Montreal is managing the adrenaline that figures to be flowing through the players' veins Sunday and continuing to do the same things on home ice that brought them success in Tampa.

"It's good that we are up two games, but we fell into that trap against Boston a few years ago, winning two games in their building and then letting off the gas once we got back. We need to make sure that we stick to what worked in the first two games," captain Brian Gionta said. "The Lightning is going to make adjustments, so we need to work to counter them. We need to read what they're going to do and to make necessary changes on the fly."

Another victory by Price will move him past Jose Theodore into possession of 10th place among Canadiens goalies in playoff wins.

Who's hot: Lightning forward Teddy Purcell, who had six goals on their run to the 2011 Eastern Conference Final, scored to break up Price's shutout late in Game 2. … Canadiens forward Rene Bourque, coming off a tough season in which he scored nine goals in 63 games, had his first multigoal playoff game Friday.

Injury report: Montreal forward Travis Moen (concussion) is progressing toward a return. … Bishop (upper body) remains sidelined; Palat (upper body) will be a game-time decision.

Have to make sure we don't get carried away from the emotions in the arena and stay focused. No need to let the Lightning back in the series. Let's win !!!!

I think that the Habs will just have to weather a first period storm. If they can do that they should be fine. Much like last game. Tampa will come out desperate and will not have the pressure of home fans. Sometimes being away actually helps a team, it sure did the Habs.

I was, until I realized starting in Tampa worked out better for me and my personal schedule. There would be no way I could fly out there today.

:wink

I think that the Habs will just have to weather a first period storm. If they can do that they should be fine. Much like last game. Tampa will come out desperate and will not have the pressure of home fans. Sometimes being away actually helps a team, it sure did the Habs.
I actually see it from the opposite light: the Habs are going to be so pumped, they'll blow their load in the 1st, hope they get a couple past the Latvian (who I suspect will be the surprise starter). The Habs mission in the 1st is to make sure TBay loses all hope with a 1-2 punch of Habs scoring, and an intimidating home fan base.

When isn't it?

:couch

My wife would give me a smack behind the head for that one. I've used it on her often.

David Amber
#Lightning Palat on ice. But Killorn is still skating on top libne with Johnson and Stamkos.

I don't think Palat plays tonight. If he does then the Habs just have to rock him once and he's gone. He's got bats flying in the belfry.

I was, until I realized starting in Tampa worked out better for me and my personal schedule. There would be no way I could fly out there today.

:wink

I'm sure you would've came up with an awesome excuse to let the wife let you go :)

Back