• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Which team you rather face in next round? Wings or Bruins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs-25

Banned
Assuming we win this serie and i don't want take anything away from our boys who played some amazing hockey so far ,but we played vs a team with too many rookies and their No1 goalie out . I kind of think we got probably easiest draw available and for sure next round , either Wings or Bruins will be tougher opponent to play against. Interesting is some of our best players didn't need to play extraordinary hockey so far so the best is yet to come . I can name Max, Vanek and even Price was good since game one , he didn't need to steal a game to let us win it .
I believe we can compete vs both teams but facing Bruins means even if we survive them ,our boys will be physically drained for next round .I guess playing wings would be a better match even they probably will have Zetterberg back.
Go Habs Go !

Last edited:
Re: Which team you rather facing in next round ?Wings or Bruins ?

Wings are obviously the easier matchup. But they do play tough and have a good coach. I think if I had to pick I'd choose Detroit, but the way we've gone, I think we can match up well with either.

Wings are less dirty. So them.

Path of least resistance= playing teams that are skill, open ice skating based.....

Does anyone here think that Pens will actually beat Columbus, and then NYR/Flyers ?

And to answer the question, Detroit....but it'll be a hard series for us....Zetterberg will be back in second round

Looking at they way we're matching up vs a puck possession team like TB I think we would matchup well vs Detroit too.

Not saying we couldn't take Boston but it would be a lot tougher which is understanble

We could exploit the Bruins D just like we are doing to Tampa with lots of odd man rushes. But when the Bruins start losing... they get dirty and literally try to create injuries. We could beat them... but may be missing a few core players for the next round.

I'm looking past the Wings/Bruins and I'm liking the Ranger matchup in the Conference Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back