• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 2 | Montréal vs. Boston

XPOFAN

The Second Round Thread

I don't think anyone can argue that we did not deserve to win the series vs. Tampa, but we also have to admit we were a little lucky in meeting a somewhat depleted team who didn't seem to ever really put it together. Overall, this series was easy for the boys.

Going forward though the opponents are going to be much tougher and the team wil have to turn it up a notch or two. The real stuff starts in round 2 no matter who we meet. Price will have to be better as will the first line. Need to get Chucky back and probably add a little more toughness to the line-up. Can't rely on the opposition goalie giving us a few easy ones.

Do the boys have it in them...I think they do, but to quote a hall of fame poster, "it's going to be be a tough one for the boys"

Go Habs!!!!

Re: Now the real playoffs begin

Boston is playing a depleted team as well. We could have beaten many teams in the first round. We dominated Tampa. I never seen so many odd man rushes.

Also i find all the series seem to more open type of play than usual. More goals. Interesting playoffs.

Absolutely great effort by the team and none of us could have expected a sweep.Even have to give credit to our coach(choking on crow).What is wrong with Gally and when is he coming back or is he?Hopefully DD can rest up and refuel for the 2nd round and coach can wake Vanek up and tell him the playoffs have started.Keep Moen in the pressbox would be fine also. I always liked Eller and he is showing a lot of grit.That # 17 guy we picked up for the playoffs is really good.Keep it going boys!!!

Absolutely great effort by the team and none of us could have expected a sweep.Even have to give credit to our coach(choking on crow).What is wrong with Gally and when is he coming back or is he?Hopefully DD can rest up and refuel for the 2nd round and coach can wake Vanek up and tell him the playoffs have started.Keep Moen in the pressbox would be fine also. I always liked Eller and he is showing a lot of grit.That # 17 guy we picked up for the playoffs is really good.Keep it going boys!!!

:lol

Cbc and Tampas coach made it seem that the series was actually closer than what it was. It was not close. We kicked there asses good.

Games finished 5-4, 4-1, 3-2, 4-3

I'd say it was close...we couldn't put them away in games, so we had to grind it out until the final seconds of the games (except game 2).

Bruins won't allow us to sit back.....they will punish us if we do in the 3rd period

I think TB led for all of three minutes in the series

I'd say it was close...we couldn't put them away in games, so we had to grind it out until the final seconds of the games (except game 2).

Bruins won't allow us to sit back.....they will punish us if we do in the 3rd period

I dont care what the scores say. We dominated. Game 4 they got a few lucky goals. It was all Habs pretty much from the opening whistle of game one. Their young goalie IMO actually should get some credit keeping them in the games at all. As for the Bruins... they cannot punish us. They will have their ugly hands full.

Last edited:

I think everyone knows a series vs the Bruins will be brutally hard....there's no doubt that scoring won't come as easily as it did vs TB

Cbc and Tampas coach made it seem that the series was actually closer than what it was. It was not close. We kicked there asses good.

It seemed close because Price was less than stellar. He'll have to be much sharper going forward. A .910 save percentage against Boston won't cut it.

The real playoffs began over a week ago, and we are playing well.

let's not take anything away from this team. They have been great and have passed most expectations of those on this board.

The real playoffs began over a week ago, and we are playing well.

let's not take anything away from this team. They have been great and have passed most expectations of those on this board.

That's right. Beating a team 4 straight is not easy. We out played every game.

[/B]

I think everyone knows a series vs the Bruins will be brutally hard....there's no doubt that scoring won't come as easily as it did vs TB

Hopefully Detroit can take a piece out of them before the series is over.

Boston is playing a depleted team as well. We could have beaten many teams in the first round. We dominated Tampa. I never seen so many odd man rushes.

Also i find all the series seem to more open type of play than usual. More goals. Interesting playoffs.

Cooper played a D activated system and it completely burned them. You simply cannot play a system like that against speed teams. Cooper didn't adjust and Therrien owned him, as shocking as that is.

Cooper played a D activated system and it completely burned them. You simply cannot play a system like that against speed teams. Cooper didn't adjust and Therrien owned him, as shocking as that is.

Boston uses their D allot as well. Hence why we beat them as much as we do. Looking forward to playing them.

Time to move on. One thing you learn after more than 20 years as a lawyer is to dwell on the next case, not the one that just ended, even if it ended excellently. Just saying.

Against a bigger, dirtier team like the Bruins you can be sure Therrien will insert Moen and Murray.

4-0 while being better in every single game

sure a few games might have been close but the series was not

You're surprised? They have to prop up sunbelt teams.

Back