• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 2 | Montréal vs. Boston | May. 1/14 | Game 1

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

header-en_zps80c909ba.jpg

Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
extralarge.png

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
2013-14 Playoff Record:
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

4-0

large.png

4-1

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Projected Goalies For This Game Are:
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Montréal

PriceMask2013_zps68c89ab8.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 4
Wins: 4
Loses: 0
OTL: -
SO: 0
GAA: 2.33
Save%: .904

Bruins

4958.gif

#40 Tuukka Rask
GPI: 5
Wins: 4
Loses: 1
OTL: -
SO: 1
GAA: 1.16
Save%: .961

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Canadiens Player Roster
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Link

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Bruins Player Roster
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Link

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
canadiens_lines.jpg
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (20)Thomas Vanek
(8)Brandon Prust - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(17)Rene Bourque - (81)Lars Eller - (21)Brian Gionta
(32)Travis Moen - (48)Daniel Brière - (22)Dale Weise

defencemen.gif

(26)Josh Gorges - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(55)Francis Bouillon - (43)Mike Weaver

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(30)Peter Budaj

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Meetings This Season:
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

Dec. 5th, 2013:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Jan. 30th, 2014:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Mar. 12th, 2014:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Mar. 24th, 2014:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png
1 (SO)

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Former Bruins Now Playing For The Canadiens
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

None

Torch2_zpse1608951.png
Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Bruins
Torch2_zpse1608951.png

None

BjliIeMCAAEo7Cy_zpsb8f4c864.jpg

Emelin74Bos_zpsff0bfcee.jpg

Galchenyuk27Bos1_zps610e056e.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:30 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
cbclogo_zps388576d1.gif
&
logo_NBCSports.jpg

Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013030211

Discipline key as rival Bruins, Canadiens open series

By Matt Kalman

CANADIENS at BRUINS

TV: NBCSN, CBC, RDS

Season series: The Boston Bruins played one of their most complete games of the season while defeating the Canadiens, 4-1, March 12 at Bell Centre. However, the rest of the season series belonged to the Montreal Canadiens, who won two games in regulation and another in a shootout.

In a scheduling quirk, Montreal starting goaltender Carey Price only played once against the Bruins. He won 2-1. Forward Max Pacioretty and defenseman Alexei Emelin had two goals each against Boston, while center Patrice Bergeron led the Bruins with two goals against Montreal.

Big story: This is the 34th meeting between the Bruins and Canadiens in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but the mutual dislike between the two organizations never seems to dissipate.

"You know you just naturally learn to hate the Montreal Canadiens, and the battles that we've had with them over the last couple years, it's definitely made you hate them," Bruins forward Milan Lucic said. "And I think this being the first time meeting them outside the first round [since 1992], I think it's definitely going to go up another level."

Discipline is sure to be a major issue in this Eastern Conference Second Round series. The team that displays more of it will take the upper hand.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: Despite the results on the scoreboard, not everything is perfect for Montreal. The Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning in four games in the first round. But Montreal is still concerned about its special teams. The Canadiens were 2-for-13 on the power play against the Lightning. On the other hand, the Bruins were 18-for-20 on the penalty kill against the Detroit Red Wings in a five-game first-round series win.

"We worked on the power play [Monday] and we'll work on it more," coach Michel Therrien said. "We want to create momentum on the power play and we're working with that in mind."

Montreal's penalty kill was 5-for-7 against the Lightning.

Bruins: The Bruins lost three times in four tries against Detroit in the regular season, so they know all about turning around a head-to-head matchup in the playoffs and aren't bothered by their three regular-season defeats to the Canadiens.

"I think it's just about who's going to do their homework a little bit better," center David Krejci said. "And then we've just got to trust the system and go out there and do the job. I think we have a pretty good team here, and if we'll do our homework right, then we should be able to get some results."

Who's hot: Canadiens forwards Brendan Gallagher and Rene Bourque had three goals each in the sweep of the Lightning. … Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask stopped 146 of 152 shots (.961 save percentage) in the first round. Bergeron had five points and Lucic had three goals against the Red Wings.

Injury report: Montreal forward Travis Moen (head) has been practicing and looks likely to return. Forward Alex Galchenyuk (leg) has started skating. … Boston forward Daniel Paille (head) has been cleared for contact and should be available for Game 1. Center Chris Kelly (back), and defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (ACL/MCL) and Adam McQuaid (quad) are out. Seidenberg is the only one of that group that is skating. He hasn't been cleared for contact.

Well time to get down to business. Not gonna be easy, but the boys may surprise us. Go Habs Go!!!!

This is too weird. The past week was very similar to my Habs -out -of -the -playoffs routine. Now they are back on.

Bruin meatheads are all over twitter saying Canada sucks, we are divers and ripping Marinaro for being fat.

Let them talk. These are the same fans that said we would lose in 4 against Tampa. Boston is in for a hellova series and their coaches and players know it. Im sure they are a tad bit worried.

This is too weird. The past week was very similar to my Habs -out -of -the -playoffs routine. Now they are back on.

Yeah, tell me about it...it's really weird to go this long with out hockey while the team is still alive.

I went straight to my spring time hobbies the past week or so...flower arrangement and jazz dance

Both teams have had a decently long break, so hopefully we won't be the only one sluggish to get back out there. Let's go out flying early, and make Rask remember why he hates playing against us.

Yeah, tell me about it...it's really weird to go this long with out hockey while the team is still alive.

I went straight to my spring time hobbies the past week or so...flower arrangement and jazz dance

Capped off with a soothing, effervescent bubble bath?

never tried it bit definitely on my bucket list now

Back