• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Round 2, Game 1 - Habs vs Bruins

XPOFAN

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

Lucky lucky win. Even though Sal thinks this is the way to win the series, I think we have to play better if we want to win.

But let's take the win and build on it.

Good Price and Bourque and Bruins for the most part

Bad Vanek

Markov was complete garbage tonight, almost cost us a couple of goals.
Vanek was pretty invisible, not someone who should be paid 7.5m
Bourque had some nice rushes
Subban - played OK, scored a couple, but he also cost us a goal screening price, but then he redeemed himself with the OT winner
Gio - was also pretty decent tonight
Max - didn't notice him at all

Obviously Price, without him we should have lost by 3-4 goals tonight easily. He was by far the #1

Price stole it

But the positive is that we played a bad game and still won.

The team will be better next game I'm sure

Carey steal a game in play-off no doubt. we got also extremely and i mean extremely lucky today , we didn't deserve to win this game , not even close . but who cares . we won

i am just worried about the rest . doesn't look good for other 3 lines . specially first one !
Great night by PK btw !

Markov was complete garbage tonight, almost cost us a couple of goals.
Vanek was pretty invisible, not someone who should be paid 7.5m
Bourque had some nice rushes
Subban - played OK, scored a couple, but he also cost us a goal screening price, but then he redeemed himself with the OT winner
Gio - was also pretty decent tonight
Max - didn't notice him at all

Obviously Price, without him we should have lost by 3-4 goals tonight easily. He was by far the #1

Yeah Gio was skating like he didnt miss a beat, what the hell was wrong with the rest of them?

Another game one OT strike. Our "5th line" was better than theirs.

Our PP had good flow all night long.

On the downside, Bruins knew exactly where our D wanted to pass the puck. Remember how easy the first pass was vs Bolts? Tonight was the brutal opposite. Also, faceoffs need help.

The Bourque - Eller - Gionta line didn't seem to miss a beat. Great effort from them again tonight.

We won and Briere gets another ot assist.

Have to stop pushing the pucks up the wall in our zone. All we are doing is giving it right back to them.

Another game one OT strike. Our "5th line" was better than theirs.

Our PP had good flow all night long.

On the downside, Bruins knew exactly where our D wanted to pass the puck. Remember how easy the first pass was vs Bolts? Tonight was the brutal opposite. Also, faceoffs need help.

Feels weird saying this since our PP scored 2 goals, but Bruins PP seems to move the puck better and they had better chances than our PP.

We however kept it simple: send it to the point, and blast it from there....it worked, expect Bruins to zero-in on Subban on the PP, which hopefully frees up guys like Vanek-Max down low

The Bourque - Eller - Gionta line didn't seem to miss a beat. Great effort from them again tonight.

Mark my words...Briere is out next game and Bournival is in

Put Bourni with Pleks and Gallagher

Price haters wanted him to steal a game...voila!

Best stat of the night: the legendary goalie is now 3-14 vs Habs

Thus is a devastating loss for the teddy bears.

Relative cakewalk...

Back