• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Round 2, Game 2 - Habs vs Bruins

I expect some lineup changes for game 3. Also, we'll see if last change can alleviate some of the late meltdown issue.

I hope Therrien now realizes that he should save his timeout for the end of the game to rest the players that are actually stopping the Bruins.

This is where Therrien's mistrust of rookies and his over-reliance on veterans, even one's who can't cut it anymore, will bite him in the posterior. Had Tinordi and Beaulieu been properly groomed instead of Therrien trying his best to destroy them, one or both of them would be ready to step in and make a positive contribution today. I'm sure we could use Tinordi's size against the Bruins better than Boullion's timidity. But Tinordi's confidence has been shattered thanks to Therrien so he's useless to us, except in a dire emergency. Even if he were to dress Therrien wouldn't give him more than a shift or two.

So he'll dress Murray instead and that too will end in tears.

we will go as far as Price stands on his head and spits dimes like he did in game 1 . Our top line will not be the difference maker unless we get many pp opportunities and they cash in , 5/5 this is not the line you go to war with , too perimeter and scared to go deep ion the trenches . And even if our pp clicks it will be PK as the catalyst to make things happen for those 3 , Pk has been a horse in the playoffs .
As far as I'm concerned he's surpassed Markov & solidified himself as #1Dman on this team, and has earned his mega longterm deal on performance alone, let alone the leadership he's demonstrated.

This is where Therrien's mistrust of rookies and his over-reliance on veterans, even one's who can't cut it anymore, will bite him in the posterior. Had Tinordi and Beaulieu been properly groomed instead of Therrien trying his best to destroy them, one or both of them would be ready to step in and make a positive contribution today. I'm sure we could use Tinordi's size against the Bruins better than Boullion's timidity. But Tinordi's confidence has been shattered thanks to Therrien so he's useless to us, except in a dire emergency. Even if he were to dress Therrien wouldn't give him more than a shift or two.

Given u'r appreciation for Brisebois, shit for brains will make Breeze-by look like Doug Harvey + Bobby Orr + Robinson + Lidstrom rolled into one.

The year the Bruins won the Cup, we were up 3-1 in the 3rd period, in Game 4 at the Bell Center....had we held on, the series would have been 3-1 for us, and it was over. We let them back in the game, and the rest of those playoffs are history.

Yesterday's game was a bad reminder of those days...as was the series against the Canes when we were up 3-1 in that game, and then Gilmour hit the post, and then Therrien fooked up on the faceoff assignments

The problems evident back then are still there now. This team lacks a killer instinct. If it had one, they wouldn't have let the Bruins up off the mat in 2011 or the Canes a few years before. Yesterday their lack of a killer instinct cost them a 2-0 series lead. If they don't find a way to snuff out an opponent when he's down they'll be on the golf course by next weekend.

Sorry, that's nothing short of delusional bullshit. You criticized Pleks on the tying goal in game 1 - part of it was for losing the faceoff - and you gave him zero credit on the winning goal, wait for it, for winning the faceoff.

Please.

actually i never criticized Plek about losing the face off, i criticized what he did after losing the face off , in how soft he played it, soft players can take face offs all game long..

One thing all the naysayers seem to forget is that Boston is a better team than us. Actually they are probably one of the top three teams in the league. You can cry all you want about our deficiencies and MT and on and on, but the reality is we are tied 1-1 in games against a much better team.

One thing all the naysayers seem to forget is that Boston is a better team than us. Actually they are probably one of the top three teams in the league. You can cry all you want about our deficiencies and MT and on and on, but the reality is we are tied 1-1 in games against a much better team.

Exactly, why are we so upset at being 1-1 vs the best team in the league, this is a team that had 17 more points and even after losing game one was still favoured to win the series by Vegas odds makers

Exactly, why are we so upset at being 1-1 vs the best team in the league, this is a team that had 17 more points and even after losing game one was still favoured to win the series by Vegas odds makers

Well the loss yesterday was one of those that does get you upset, but people have to be reasonable too. The usual negative types will carry on, but right now, I'm not ready to write us off yet. Are the Bruins better...yes. Is is likely they will win the series...yes, but do we have a chance...hell yea!

As far as I'm concerned he's surpassed Markov & solidified himself as #1Dman on this team, and has earned his mega longterm deal on performance alone, let alone the leadership he's demonstrated.

PK should get his 8-year deal.....If we play hardball again with him he will sign a short term deal and bolt

What a shock. Julien complaining about officiating. This team is so predictable its disgusting.

This Bruins team would struggle to make the playoffs if the game was actually called by the book... yes, I know it never will be.

It's Juliens tactic. Keep bitching and moaning all series until the late games where his team can do whatever they want.

I think the timeout was good because we were dead tired, and we cleared the zone so it was a good timeout.

We even went on to score a goal and make it 3-1....so it goes to show that the timeout was warranted.

When you fook-up a 2-goal lead in the 3rd, you cannot blame the coach and the timeout. Bruins scored another lucky goal, and we folded. Because we are too weak between the ears. This series was over when the Bruins tied it 3-3 in the 3rd....the rest was inevitable

Maybe...

So why wasnt it over when they ti3d it in game 1

The year the Bruins won the Cup, we were up 3-1 in the 3rd period, in Game 4 at the Bell Center....had we held on, the series would have been 3-1 for us, and it was over. We let them back in the game, and the rest of those playoffs are history.

Yesterday's game was a bad reminder of those days...as was the series against the Canes when we were up 3-1 in that game, and then Gilmour hit the post, and then Therrien fooked up on the faceoff assignments

It was 3-1 in second

had the vet in....won the game (32)
had the rookie in lost the game (49)

Surpassed him by a mile and it isnt even close Sal. This is who you pay top dollar for , God love Markov but his time as a legit top pairing guy is over . He hasnt stood out in these playoffs . I have no problem with 8x8 for PK , but shit please dont do the same for Vanek , it will be a freakin disaster long term . I wouldnt give him a penny over what Price is making who is way more valuable to this team .

Back