• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Coach Kirk gone

If it was the beginning of last season and Muller was no longer our coach, would we have jumped at the opportunity to get Blysma, assuming he was available? I'd say yes.

The fact Ron Francis hasn’t named Kevin Dineen in Carolina leads some to believe Rangers’ assistant, Ulf Samuelsson, will be the next Hurricanes coach, which would be a mistake ...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/1...o-be-one-of-the-craziest-nhl-off-seasons-ever

Dineen, according to a Florida spokesman, has been granted permission to speak to the Hurricanes. Dineen is under contract until June 30.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/15/4119674/former-florida-panthers-coach.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
I don't know who those people are that think that because Dineen isn't already coach, that means Ulf Sameulsson is the guy, but I don't believe that for a second. I expect if anything that Ronnie is still considering his options and making his short list. Its still May, they have another 4 weeks to hire a coach if the goal is to have one in place before the draft.

Ulf might be offered a job as an assistant under Dineen, but just because Dineen isn't already hired that shouldn't lead anyone to think that Ulf Samuelsson is the front runner. That logic doesn't make any sense at all to me.

I read that the speculation regarding Shero's firing and the retaining of Bylsma had to do with Pittsburgh's concern that Bylsma and Shero would land together somewhere else. Given Washington and Vancouver's are both without coaches and GMs, I guess there's reason to think those two could work together again. I also read that the keeping Bylsma until a new GM hired was to help protect the players given the report of conflict between coach and Crosby...

If Kevin11 is not named coach, I will eat may Canes hat. Ron and Kevin have the potential to make this a great team for PK and son. These guys are top of the line type people. Add Rod in the act, with player accountability, and you have a PENS type management cast. Just a few thoughts.

Last edited:
You sound like you're kind on the fence there KTown.

My money is on Dineen too, but I'm gluten intolerant and I don't know if gluten is in hat. It seems to be everywhere.

You sound like you're kind on the fence there KTown.

My money is on Dineen too, but I'm gluten intolerant and I don't know if gluten is in hat. It seems to be everywhere.

Considering newer studies reveal that gluten intolerance may not even be real....yes it's in your hat.

Considering newer studies reveal that gluten intolerance may not even be real....yes it's in your hat.

Wait....you're saying self diagnosed "food allergies" might just be "in your head"? I thought a 40 year old person, suddenly developing a "food allergies" was perfectly normal?

Wait....you're saying self diagnosed "food allergies" might just be "in your head"? I thought a 40 year old person, suddenly developing a "food allergies" was perfectly normal?

It happened to me, not with gluten though. I used to eat raw carrots by the bag full as a snack. One night, I was eating some while helping my kids with their homework. All of a sudden, my eyes started swelling and my throat started closing. It happened again when I had a couple of carrot sticks that come with wings at a Hurricanes tailgate. Got some benedryl at the first aid room. Cooked carrots aren't an issue, it's only raw.

Avocados, here. I miss guacamole. I don't miss talking to God at the bottom of the porcelain bowl afterward.

My skepticism comes from people I know who started using "allergy" as an excuse to get people to stop asking them why they didn't eat _____.

Then I had a friend who developed an allergy to cheese, when he got sick from eating an entire pizza. Sitting on the toilet or 30 minutes does not mean one is allergic to certain foods.

My skepticism comes from people I know who started using "allergy" as an excuse to get people to stop asking them why they didn't eat _____.

Then I had a friend who developed an allergy to cheese, when he got sick from eating an entire pizza. Sitting on the toilet or 30 minutes does not mean one is allergic to certain foods.

Is he sure it was cheese? It could have been the gluten in the crust. :couch

Is he sure it was cheese? It could have been the gluten in the crust. :couch

No one knew what "gluten" was back then. No other "glutens" gave him issues!

It's amazing the people who think they have "allergies" to certain foods. I've seen people with "gluten issues" not hesitate to grab a cupcake when presented with one!

I know people who swear they have severe food allergies, and don't even own an epi-pen. If I was deathly allergic to certain foods, I wouldn't dream of going to a restaurant without an epi-pen in my pocket. For many, it's self diagnosed, and mis-diagnosed....or simply an excuse to the question "why don't you like seafood?", etc. It's gotten beyond ridiculous in my opinion.

I saw the post count skyrocketed here and expected to see some dirt on the Canes locker room last year or some new rumor that Dineen was in town. An all out war on food allergies? Not exactly what I was looking for.

Back