• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: WCSF: Ducks VS Kings; Game 2; 05/05/2014

Baltic Gal

7978__stanley_cup_playoffs-primary-2014.png

Western Conference Simi-Finals

Ducks VS Kings

Game 2

Game 1:
Kings win in overtime 3-2

In Anaheim, CA

@7:00P.M. Pacific Time

Preview:

Ducks Look for Bounce-Back Performance in Game 2 vs. LA

KINGS at DUCKS

(Los Angeles leads best-of-7 series 1-0)

TV: NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Big story: The Anaheim Ducks try to grab a home split at Honda Center before the series shifts up I-5 to Staples Center. The Ducks failed to hold a lead late in regulation in Game 1 on a goal from LA Kings forward Marian Gaborik, who then won it in overtime to give the Kings a 1-0 series lead. The Kings lost a key defenseman (Robyn Regehr) early in Game 1.

Team Scope:

Ducks: Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau felt his team played well in Game 1, and after watching video of the game, his beliefs were bolstered. The Ducks split the non-blocked shot attempts (Fenwick) at even strength with the Kings, an area in which Los Angeles was expected to have a sizable advantage. The Ducks also dictated the physical battle, out-hitting the Kings 54-41. The Ducks also had some obvious great chances that did not end up in the net.

"There's an old saying: You got to make hay when the sun shines," Boudreau said. "When you get your chances, you got to put them in, and we didn't put them in. It doesn't mean it was a bad game. ... We're not depressed. We're ready to play Monday, and, hopefully, play better and see where it ends up. I'd be more depressed if we didn't play any good and we lost, because I liked the way we did a lot of the things [Saturday] so hopefully we can continue to do that."

Kings: Los Angeles had some offensive issues earlier in the season. Since the NHL returned from a break for the 2014 Sochi Olympics and the arrival of Gaborik before the NHL Trade Deadline, the goals have started to come. The Kings are actually tied for second among the 16 playoff teams at 3.62 goals per game.

"I think it's no secret we were struggling with scoring before the Olympic break," defenseman Alec Martinez said. "I think that was one of the focuses when we got back was to generate more shots and generate more opportunities from those shots. I think it was just a focus and we're getting scoring from a lot of different guys."

Who's hot: Ducks forward Ryan Getzlaf has seven points in his past five games. ... Kings forward Anze Kopitar has four goals and 10 points in his past five games. He leads the NHL in playoff scoring with 13 points.

Injury report: The Ducks will be without defensemen Stephane Robidas (broken leg), who is out for the season. ... The Kings could be without two of their top six defensemen; Robyn Regehr (undisclosed) and Willie Mitchell (undisclosed) are questionable. Mitchell did not play in Game 1, and Regehr was injured in Game 1.

10253885_629034257188527_5797143043955089282_n.jpg

:couch

h0D061BE7

Back